Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Bits and pieces disappearing after moving

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Manage worlds, choose an active household, manage household, move one sim to another household
What happens when the bug occurs? When coming back to play all bits and pieces are zeroed
What do you expect to see? All bits and pieces to remain the correct amount
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

Because my cat keeps disappearing to another lot randomly I decided to move him to an NPC household. I went to save and manage worlds, clicked on my lot, chose manage household, and moved my cat to another house. Upon returning to gameplay all of my accumulated bits and pieces were at zero - I had a few thousand of each. I recycled a few things to get some more and went back and grabbed my cat again - again the bits and pieces zeroed out. I went back after recycling more and went step by step, to see which step created the problem - every step is fine until you actually move one sim to another house.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (2,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Bits and pieces disappearing after moving

Hero

Fixed an issue that reset Bits and Pieces when Sims moved to other Households. No uh, if you move, move but leave my Bits and Pieces within my Household thank you very much.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,942 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bits and pieces disappearing after managing household

★★★★ Expert
@Nellspixia Noticed this. There is no way to move bits when the household moves either. They always get lost.
Message 2 of 18 (2,454 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Bits and pieces disappearing after moving

Hero
@Nellspixia Does this only happen if you move Sims via manage world or also if you move them out via phone ?

Did they go to the other household ?

@Psychotps You mean if you move the entire family to a new home (no splitting) they also disappear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (2,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictYes, moving the entire household. When all the weirdness started happening with people coming and going, the molding clay constantly spawning, I tried moving the whole household to Willow Creek. My sim was a crafter with like 2000 bits stored. She lost them all in the move. Even though she took the recycler and fabricator with her.

Message 4 of 18 (2,392 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this happen to me too when I moved my sim's parents out.

This happens the same way all the points/traits for retail business disappear after moving someone out/in via mange worlds!

I was pretty sad to see its still a bug after all this time and new packs are following the bug!

Message 5 of 18 (2,373 Views)

★ Guide

Had this happen when merging two households. One sim had a lot of bits and pieces stored. Switched to another sim (her bf), went with him through uni living on campus (all the while he was for some reason getting bits and pieces added to his funds, not sure why). After he graduated and was prompted to move out I added him to the previous sims' household. Both their bits and pieces were zeroed out.

Message 6 of 18 (2,344 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I had the same problem when I tried manually to move one sim from another household to mine. I lost all of the bits and pieces.

Message 7 of 18 (2,302 Views)

Champion

I've had this, too. I moved one sim from Del Sol Valley to a household in San Myshuno and also transfered some money to my Del Sol household. Then I loaded the Myshuno household, gave the residents a few items from my sim's inventory, stayed a few sim hours and then moved him back to the original home in Del Sol. That households' bits and pieces were then gone.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the bits and pieces also reset when simply rotating households. I played in Evergreen Harbour for a week and when I switched to my junkyard in Del Sol Valley, their bits and pieces count was zero. I do not think I used both kinds up entirely, because they always have several hundreds of one type, but significantly fewer of the other. But as I said, I'm not completely certain.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 18 (2,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this happen too on PS4. I posted a bug report but cannot find it in the list anymore. I was playing a family who had a lot of bits and pieces. I added a newly created member to the household using the neighborhood menu screen and the merge option. Money was updated correctly; however, all bits and pieces were zeroed out.

Message 9 of 18 (2,225 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Mine happened when I moved one of my sims to uni, and left one sim at the house. When i moved her back home the bits and pieces reset to zero. I was expecting them to be the same as when i left, being that there was still a sim living there.
Message 10 of 18 (2,214 Views)