[FIXED] Dying does not produce sadness

by bjlevett

Original Post

Sims 4 Bug NO JEALOUSY NO REACTIONS

★ Novice
My sims catch their spouses cheating and have no negative mood effects whatsoever. Also my sims mother died and she decided to go dance, it had no negative mood effect.
What's with this? My husband is married with three girlfriends, I get the whole girlfriend on the side but what's the fun if their are no consequences or reactions? Also only some of my cc works, the rest just doesn't show up.
Message 11 of 26 (1,240 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dying does not produce sadness.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I had a similar issue. I went into a lot and one of my sims was greyed out. I have no idea how or when she died. No one in the house noticed and there is no urn or tombstone. She still shows up as a ghost in the family list but she is no where to be found in the game. I had just created the family the day before so her life was really short.
Message 12 of 26 (1,228 Views)

no reaction when sim on lot dies.

★ Apprentice

I'm sure this is probably in the compiled bug list but I did enter a few searches and couldn't find it. so here is my bug,

My oldest child on my lot was eaten by a cowplant and even though mommy and daddy were standing outside right next to the cowplant when it happened, there was no reaction whatsoever. Not even when grim reaper appeared. They didn't panic, they didn't cry, they didn't faint or get shocked or anything. They just went on about their business as grim reaper took their son and left a tombstone.

Message 13 of 26 (1,108 Views)

Re: no reaction when sim on lot dies.

Hero

@Desirai It is, so I merged Standard smile You may wanna hit the Me Too button as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 26 (1,102 Views)

Re: no reaction when sim on lot dies.

★ Apprentice

thanks!

Message 15 of 26 (1,095 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dying does not produce sadness.

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too. I'm trying to finish the Public Enemy aspiration / witness the death of a Sim. My Sim isn't having any reaction to the elder Sim she Woohoo'd to death. Very frustrating as I'm trying to complete ALL aspirations and this one won't register as finished.

Message 16 of 26 (1,019 Views)

Re: Dad died but no one cares?

Hero

• We have spent some time fixing up the Fire and Death reaction systems. Sims will now behave in a more expected manner when either occurs near them.

This was revamped with the Dec 4th patch

Taking feedback

@bjlevett @angeladynamite @Desirai @gcrommett @NICOLESMILED

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 26 (913 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Can confirm the Sims present in the household when the sim dies reacts as intended.

However, my sim's son and grandchildren who lived on another lot were blissfully unaware of and remained joyous when visited by his mourning sister who -was- present at the time of death. While this may be intended, it certainly lacks realism/depth.

Message 18 of 26 (908 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 26 (904 Views)

★★★ Novice

i still don't think this is satisfactory then. my beautiful elder sim died and it was witnessed by her fiance and son-in-law and they both grieved, but her daughter and grand daughter, who turned up at the same time as grim reaper were just smiling and sighing away as her body was reaped. since it is part of the game play that the newly expectant mother will autonomously share the big news with the father, i don't see why code can't be added in so that the bad news is autonomously shared by to the whole household and at least immediate family, so that all can actually grieve for days regardless of whether they were there at the moment of death.

honestly i almost thew the game away when those two just stood there and chuckled away to themselves. their reactions, compared to the other two, were ridiculous and they just spent the next two days as if nothing had happened while i had the men of the household trying to deal with their grief.

Message 20 of 26 (890 Views)