Re: Dad died but no one cares?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dying does not produce sadness

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ive played through a couple of games now and had four sims die. Two of old age, one from fire and one from electrocution.

With the old age deaths it was husband and wife and wife was upstairs in bedroom alone and died. Grim arrived and did his thing. - No reaction from the couples son who was down stairs or the two grandchildren or the daughter in law who was in the upstairs hallway, right next to the bedroom talking to her father in law whose wife just died in the next room. No one flintched. Notthe son, the grand kids or husband  - all stayed put doing what they were doing and remianed either HAPPY or VERY HAPPY. 

so then the husdband ( in the hallway) dies instantly too. just drops dead as grim is still there i assume he decided to take both at once. Only again no one noticed. no one got sad. not even the daughter in law who was mid conversation with him when he popped his clogs. 

then next game newly married couple and the husband gets fried right in front of his wife. right before her eyes. and she just gets confident. Not a sad moodlet in sight. 

then i watch as mum dad and sister watch their eldest daughter burn to death after making a botched lot of pancakes - and they started dancing while her body was still smoldering in the foyer. I mean i know they said the new sims were weird but thats just crazy. Sadness just aint working with death like it should. 

Any one else noticed this or do i just breed pure psychotic sims. 

PS none of my sims had the evil or mean trait - one was even a gloomy but he still didnt shed a tear when his daughter went up like a firecracker! 

Message 1 of 26 (6,997 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Dying does not produce sadness

Hero

If a Sim dies while their roommate is off lot, when the roommate returns, they'll be very sad.
Finally fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 26 (4,282 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 dying does not produce sadness.

Hero

Added your link to the old bug report from the official forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (6,948 Views)

Sims not getting the mourning moodlet from death of loved one in same room.

★★ Novice

I've done this twice with the same sim. She was a mother, wife and best friend, but the son and husband didn't care about her passing when I accidentally killed her with overexertion and then again when I reloaded and she died of old age.

Here's the positioning of the husband and son in the foreground with the mother dead in the background:

http://i.imgur.com/9UcPd9L.jpg

Neither sim moved to mourn even as she was being reaped. I even had the husband attempt to plea and he was denied, This is his face afterwards:

http://i.imgur.com/MA5wgHs.jpg

He still has the inspired moodlet and no loss of a loved one moodlet. After she was reaped her son and husband act like nothing happened.

Message 3 of 26 (6,915 Views)

Re: Sims not getting the mourning moodlet from death of loved one in same room.

Hero

@Zagden merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (6,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I've had this issue, along with not being alerted when a relative dies that doesn't live on the lot. My Sims mom died and I didn't even know it. I just happened to look at the friends and she was greyed out. She had died and there was no notification and no sad moodlet or anything.
Message 5 of 26 (6,873 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i just had a sim die accidentally on purpose ooopsie ,the other sims where carrying on doing thier own thing they did gather to see what was going on however when the urn was left by grimey  i selected on of my sims i clicked on the urn she now has the sad moodlet for four hours another sim auto morned when he saw the urn i choose another sim who has the fine moodlet had him i clicked on the urn mourn he now has the sad moodlet

Message 6 of 26 (6,862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Same here sim died had great relationships with household sims and when they died not one of my sims gave a flying f....k.
Message 7 of 26 (6,844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it's really frustrating and takes away from the game. Family ties lacking at the moment (no recognise in-laws, etc), but most of all it's frustrating that the children in my game NEVER react to the death of the parents. They should get a sad moodlet whether the parent lives with them or not. Hopefully EA fixes soon.

Message 8 of 26 (6,813 Views)

Dad died but no one cares?

★★★ Novice

While playing the other day, my sims' elderly dad died during his kid's birthday party (he had stellar timing.) Oddly enough, only the wife was affected by this and got a moodlet for it. His kids didn't even notice a thing until I told them to mourn his urn, after which they got the "A friend has passed" moodlet, which seems inappropriate given it was their direct relative.

It just seems odd that if a family member died, the whole immediate family wouldn't be affected. I'm not sure if this had to do with his kid aging up at the exact same time that he died. Either way, watching his kids nonchalantly step over his body while eating birthday cake was pretty messed up.

On a related note, after his death the wife now seems to be stuck in a conversation with him forever and I can't get his little relationship box to disappear from the top of the screen. All I know is death has apparently made him feel "very uncomfortable".

If it helps, I am playing the game on Windows 7 64-bit with no mods or downloaded content.

Message 9 of 26 (6,750 Views)

Re: Dad died but no one cares?

Hero

@MSTANFORD2 Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (6,741 Views)