Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dresses Cause Weird Texture Issue With Some Shoes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? When pairing some dresses with some shoes, it creates a texture issue
What do you expect to see? no texture issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Examples of what happens when some shoes are paired with these dresses in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Screenshot (187).pngScreenshot (186).png

To add it seems to be happening with the new dress that came in Strangerville, see spoiler tag:

Spoiler
03-11-19_10-25-59 PM.png03-11-19_10-26-24 PM.png

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 1 of 9 (4,926 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Dresses Cause Weird Texture Issue With Some Shoes

[ Edited ]
Hero

Assets yfBody_EP06DressFur_GoldGreen, yfBody_GP07DressWestern_FlowerOrange & yfBody_EP03TankStrappy_ElephantAquaCream were updated to look better with various shoe styles.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

If any of these are not fixed, please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (4,141 Views)

All Replies

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,780 Views)

[Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ/Δ] [ŞV] Dress conflicts with base game shoes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, have a Sim wear both the base game pumps (yfShoes_PumpsMediumRound_*) and a Strangerville dress (yfBody_GP07DressWestern_*).
What happens when the bug occurs? A color stripe appears on the right side of the right heel matching the color of the dress.
What do you expect to see? For the shoes to remain the same color regardless of what else the Sim is wearing; the left shoe does that just fine, the right one, not so much.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See attached images.

Message 3 of 9 (4,716 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ/Δ] [ŞV] Dress conflicts with base game shoes

Hero
Hi @thuraski

merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (4,679 Views)

Shoe Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All. Game Packs: StrangerVille, Vampires, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: Toddlers, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pairing the pair of shoes with the dress linked below
What happens when the bug occurs? The shoes take on the color of the dress instead of the actual colors from the pre-made palette CAS provides.
What do you expect to see? Being able to chose from the CAS palette scheme instead of the shoes taking on the color of the dress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest patch/update on 6/18 or after I installed Island Living.

Photos

**update** The glitch is also happening with other pairs of shoes.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 9 (4,612 Views)

★★★ Guide

Screenshot (415).pngScreenshot (416).pngScreenshot (417).pngScreenshot (418).pngScreenshot (422).pngScreenshot (424).pngScreenshot (419).pngScreenshot (421).pngScreenshot (423).png

adding to this post again. The new wedges from IL has issues with these outfits. I also suspect the other wedges don't work with these outfits as well. The wedges are also marked as flip flops instead of wedges.  

Message 6 of 9 (4,500 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Dresses Cause Weird Texture Issue With Some Shoes

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm experiencing this with one of the dresses from Get Famous too, but it seems like it's only one swatch causing the issue with mine. There's this retro-looking dress with a white, pink and blue swatch that's causing this issue with me. I'll get a screenshot next time I play.

UPDATE: It isn't just the one swatch, and it seems to be with many dresses. Here's a screenshot of the previously mentioned dress, modelled by my sim Tyler.

Message 7 of 9 (4,398 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Dresses Cause Weird Texture Issue With Some Shoes

★ Guide

It happens to me with one of the dresses from Get Famous. The bottom of the shoes turns into the dress color.

The shoes are supposed to be black but they are pink because of the dress

Message 8 of 9 (4,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Assets yfBody_EP06DressFur_GoldGreen, yfBody_GP07DressWestern_FlowerOrange & yfBody_EP03TankStrappy_ElephantAquaCream were updated to look better with various shoe styles.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

If any of these are not fixed, please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (4,142 Views)