Original Post

Re: [FIXED] Photo frames will not upload to the gallery

★★ Guide

This is the medium photo/frame issue -

In my library by two different players medium frames

:bw.PNGaa.PNG

When placed:

aa2.PNGbwnf.PNG

Large photos retain frames, but frames do not retain color when changed and moved.

Message 11 of 18 (1,270 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Downloaded and changed Photo frames revert color on moving

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 I'm working on a new house and some of the photos I downloaded from the gallery previously (in rooms that live in my library) have frames on them. I added some to this new home, and the photos with brown frames will not retail the back frame color I'm adding to them. They continually change back to the brown color they were originally on the gallery.

Note: I have no Mods/CC, play on Mac, and have all updates and all packs. 

Before: The pic on the left came with a brown frame. The pics on the right came with black frames, so I didn't change their color.
before.jpg

Color Change: I changed the frame on the left to black, saved, then left the game.
color change.jpg

When I return to the lot the frame on the left has changed back to brown, it's original color.
after return to lot.jpg

In this lot I have not yet done placement testing, so It has never been placed from the library. It is also 'unowned/not sim-occupied'.
The room/photo used for the test (photo on the left) is this one: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8DD77BDAF8CD11E98E78303966EC7D90

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 18 (1,213 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR OK, I was about to post that I couldn't find a problem, but on further testing, I've come up with an explanation on how it's working fine for me, but not others. There are two types of frame colors. The old one - the black, gray and brown can be changed in build mode with the design tool. It appears that these are the ones that are changing. The other frames - the new ones, that include the new colors, as well as wood tones, black and a silver (gray) have to be changed by your Sim - these colors seem to stick. The old type frames will need to be fixed to work correctly, and it would really be nice when they get around to fixing it, if they add the new colors to the design tool.
Message 13 of 18 (1,179 Views)

Champion

@SassiLassi Excellent catch!!! Thank you so much for testing it further - that hadn't occurred to me to check on! Even so I hope this aspect will be tweaked, as it will still be a factor for anyone unaware of this. And yes, adding all of the options in the update would be wonderful. Standard smile

Message 14 of 18 (1,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I got very distracted by DU and 'testing stuff', and finally got to the point in my current build - the one I mentioned with the brown and black frames issue. 

I thought I would add confirmations here if any of the details may be of any help.@SassiLassi I took your comments and findings into account (and most of this is just confirmation of what you found) when I went to add frames to the unframed and previously framed (by photo creator) photos in my lot:

• If I went into build mode with or without it owned and with or without a sim on the lot, as before I could change the color of the pre-framed photo frames with the swatch tool, but if I leave and re-enter the lot the color reverts to the original color it was when downloaded from the library/gallery.
  • I had to have my sim on the lot (in live mode) to successfully do the following: 
  • I tried to remove the frame form each photo that was originally in a brown frame when I downloaded it from the gallery so I could re-frame them in a new, black frame...
  • I could successfully remove the brown or black frame that the photo came with from the gallery (yay) as @SassiLassi shared, then add my own black frame (which did stick/remain black now when I left and re-entered the lot).
  • I found an odd thing with the unframed photos I had added to the lot (again, the sim has to be on the lot and in live mode to do this):
    I had the option to 'add frame' or 'remove frame'.
    If I chose 'add frame' black was not a color option. 
    If I chose 'remove frame', I could then 'add frame' and black would be an option.

Anyway, a bit more frame trivia troubleshooting, though much of this is a repeat of your great detective work. SassiLassi, as I re-read your post. Thank you so much for the direction. as it was extremely helpful! 

Message 15 of 18 (1,122 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SheriGR Thanks for double-checking and verifying what I found. I really hope they fix this. It's possible to get the results you want, but it's a big run-around and could be so much more simple! Standard smile
Message 16 of 18 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SassiLassi I agree 100%! It is not at all an intuitive solution, and if someone didn't figure out the workaround or by reading your excellent findings Heart they would be very frustrated trying to apply and keep certain framing choices. Thank you, again!! With your excellent findings and workaround I was able to prep my build correctly for the gallery!

Message 17 of 18 (1,112 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Downloaded and changed Photo frames revert color on moving

Hero

Photo frames used within Gallery Uploads would not retain their chosen color once those lots were downloaded from The Gallery. They’ve been properly chastised and will listen to you now.

Fixed in Patch 1.60.54

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (2,344 Views)