[FIXED] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

No Trespassing Broken

★★ Novice

The no-trespassing feature on front doors is broken. Every time you leave that lot or restart your game, the no trespassing reset, meaning you have to re-select who can show up at your door. Super annoying, no CC, I have seen a lot of other people have this problem too. Thanks!

Message 21 of 28 (962 Views)

Re: No Trespassing Broken

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sydkz Yes, this is frustrating!! I was so excited to get the new trespassing options, not I have to babysit it... and I tend to forget these things. <sigh> I hope this is fixed soon.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 28 (917 Views)

Re: No Trespassing Broken

Hero
@sydkz I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 28 (892 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

★★★★ Novice

Same issue on the Xbox one

Message 24 of 28 (850 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

★★ Apprentice

Same here. I get tired of having to remember to lock doors and take knitting bags out of inventory just to make game work like it should.

Message 25 of 28 (803 Views)

No Trespassing settings delete each time I leave lot/live mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the No Trespassing settings to only Allow Friends, then leave live mode (build mode, CAS, Manage Worlds, Close the game) or travel to another lot, and come back all No Trespassing settings have gone back to allow everything instead of only Friends
What happens when the bug occurs? I set No Trespassing settings to only allow friends, leave the lot/live mode, come back and the No Trespassing settings are back to allow everyone instead of only friends
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to remember the No Trespassing settings whenever I come back to the lot in live mode (whether I have just started the game, come out of build-mode/CAS or travel back to the lot from Manage Worlds or just come back from travelling) instead of immediately deleting my No Trespassing preferences completely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ever since the idea of No Trespassing was introduced it happened in my game (and on various Facebook communities I've seen more ppl complaining about this issue).

I tested the No Trespassing stuff with mods, then removed all mods incl. localthumbcache file and tested again...same problem occurred... re-added the mods/cc and I had no change in the problem whatsoever... I'm guessing this is an incorrectly introduced (never properly coded) game-bug... 

Message 26 of 28 (756 Views)

Re: No Trespassing settings delete each time I leave lot/live mode

★ Guide

I like that they added this to the game but I have to remember to do this every time I reload the lot. I find that it doesn't reset when I enter build buy and then come back to live mode but rather when I leave the lot and come back but I will pay closer attention and edit this post when I do. Hopefully this is a bug and not something by design.

Message 27 of 28 (694 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

Hero

Door lock settings now persist when Sims travel. That’s right! If I disallow everybody, it should stay that way when I travel… or when I exit the game… and the occasional restart, too… hmpf!

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (3,847 Views)