Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click the main door on your home lot, choose any of the options to forbid other sims walking by. Travel and then come back to the home lot, or go out from the lot and enter it again, or restart the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The options of which sims are forbidden to walk by is reset upon travelling or exiting lot or game.
What do you expect to see? That my choice of forbidden walk-by sims doesn't reset.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 95, 1.63.133.1020

The forbid walk-bys option is reset upon travel or exiting of lot or game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 28 (4,976 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

Hero

Door lock settings now persist when Sims travel. That’s right! If I disallow everybody, it should stay that way when I travel… or when I exit the game… and the occasional restart, too… hmpf!

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (3,811 Views)

All Replies

No Trespassing reset after travel

★ Pro

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.63/1.25 (happens on PC and XBOX)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None (PC)/All of them (XB1)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select one of the 3-4 No Trespassing options, travel and return home
What happens when the bug occurs? Trespassing rules revert to default state
What do you expect to see? Rules staying in place
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63/1.25 - the one itroducing no trespassing

p.s. a new update arrived as I wrote this

Message 2 of 28 (4,865 Views)

Re: No Trespassing reset after travel

Hero
@kusurusu Merged your thread with existing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (4,854 Views)

No Trespassing Door and Lot Reset

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create an off the grid lot, have a house with a door and apply the no trespassing traits to it. Leave the lot (load screen) or go into CAS and return.
What happens when the bug occurs? I keep getting the notice explaining what an off the grid lot is to me and the doors are no longer set to disallow trespassers.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to have an explanation of what an off the grid lot is, or my doors all stripped of my trespasser list every time I leave the lot, or go into CAS, and return.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated with the June 4th patch and hotfix of the same day.

Since this last patch, and hotfix (6/4/2020) every time I leave my OTG lot and come back, I keep getting the notice explaining what an off the grid lot is to me. Every time. If I enter CAS and come out, I keep getting the notice explaining what an OTG lot is, not to mention having to constantly reset my doors for the new no trespassing feature. I'm grateful for the feature; finally don't have to deal with the vampires I very much dislike but it doesn't help if I have to keep remembering to reset it every time I leave the lot or enter CAS.

Message 4 of 28 (4,881 Views)

Re: No Trespassing Door and Lot Reset

Hero
@JCStormy2 Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 28 (4,823 Views)

New Eco door lock options not working

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? fully up-to-date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the door to disallow vampires or anything else. Leave the lot and come back. Everything is allowed again.
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't prevent the unwanted guests
What do you expect to see? Peace and quiet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Eco Lifestyle

Doors are not keeping the disallowed settings.

Message 6 of 28 (4,801 Views)

No Trespassing "Disallow" resets when leaving lot

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With new patch/Eco Lifestyle, select door, "No Trespassing..." and click to Disallow any of the options (Vampires, Friends, etc.). Visit any other lot. Return to home lot. All the "No Trespassing" options will be reset. Vampires, Friends, etc. will be able to trespass unless you click the door again to Disallow again.
What happens when the bug occurs? With new patch/Eco Lifestyle, select door, "No Trespassing..." and click to Disallow any of the options (Vampires, Friends, etc.). Visit any other lot. Return to home lot. All the "No Trespassing" options will be reset. Vampires, Friends, etc. will be able to trespass unless you click the door again to Disallow again.
What do you expect to see? Expect this to work like locks. If Vampires, Friends, etc. are Disallowed by "No Trespassing", they should remain Disallowed until the Player selects to allow them, not simply leaving and returning to the lot.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.63.133.1020/Eco Lifestyle

Any option we Disallow using the new "No Trespassing" will be reset once we leave that lot and come back to it.

Message 7 of 28 (4,797 Views)

Re: No Trespassing "Disallow" resets when leaving lot

★★★★ Expert
@RenegadeKittyOG Noticed this. Any "disallow" you set gets reset once you leave the lot and come back. You have to reset it every time you return home.
Message 8 of 28 (4,785 Views)

Re: No Trespassing "Disallow" resets when leaving lot

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (4,725 Views)

Re: No Trespassing Door and Lot Reset

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JCStormy2 @crinrict I also keep getting the notification that "This is an off the utility grid lot" every single time I load the lot!
Message 10 of 28 (4,667 Views)