Re: No Trespassing function not working

by Uigenna

Original Post

Re: No Trespassing Door and Lot Reset

★★★★ Expert
@RenegadeKittyOG Yea, the notification comes up every time you arrive on the lot. Loading the game or returning from another lot. It would be more annoying if we didn't already get hundreds of notifications from absolutely everything else in the game.
Message 11 of 28 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RenegadeKittyOG That happens to me too.
Message 12 of 28 (1,047 Views)

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG Could you make a separate report for that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (1,032 Views)

Message 14 of 28 (1,003 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Door Function Resets Upon Travelling or Exit

Hero (Retired)

I'm seeing this issue on PS4. You can set the trespassing, but then as soon as you travel or load the game it resets.

Message 15 of 28 (964 Views)

★ Apprentice

i was so happy to have an option to replace the private dwelling lot trait so i can free up my lot traits for skill building traits, but i’ve had to go back to using the pd trait since the no trespassing doesn’t work as intended 

Message 16 of 28 (940 Views)

★★ Pro
@plzsaysike78 Same here. I was looking forward to having that extra lot trait slot open.
Message 17 of 28 (934 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SqueamishNerd i thought it was only me! but yea this is getting on my nerves i have strangers coming up to my door every time bc i keep forgetting it RESETS.
Message 18 of 28 (900 Views)

No Trespassing function not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Seasons, City Living, Get Famous, Discover University, Get Together, Island Living, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on your front door and select 'No Trespassing' and then 'Disallow Vampires', go about your business, leave your lot and then come back. At night Vlad will show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? After disallowing Vampires through the new function on the front door, it seems to undo after you leave your home lot and come back. On all of my human Sims' houses I've disallowed Vampires because I don't want any coming around to bother them, but suddenly it has stopped working and it resets/undoes when I leave the lot to travel and come back later. I noticed it one night when my Sims were inside and I saw Vlad suddenly creeping down the street outside my Sims' house, so I quickly paused the game and looked at what I'd set the front door to (because I remembered selecting 'Disallow Vampires'). However, it had reset as if I hadn't previously set it to 'disallow'. Vlad stood around for a moment then went away. I tried again at my currently active household, at other households, and in new saves, and it does this in all houses/saves. Right after the June 2020 patch the No Trespassing function worked, but suddenly now it's not working. It also resets all the other options (Neighbours, Friends, Solicitors).
What do you expect to see? For the options under No Trespassing to remain and I don't have to deal with Vlad and other people showing up to Sims' houses when I've previously selected the option for them to not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 2020 patch right before Eco Lifestyle came out.

I've made no other changes so I'm not sure why this is happening. Once again, I'll say that the 'No Trespassing'/'Disallow' function DID originally work and it was great, but now it's suddenly stopped working. It's rather annoying to have Sims suddenly coming over and REALLY stressful to see Vlad repeatedly showing up at night despite my efforts, and I dread having to select 'Disallow Vampires' every single day/multiple times a day if my Sims are travelling! I hope this isn't by design... Anyway, thank you for reading! 

Message 19 of 28 (876 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No Trespassing function not working

★★ Guide

In addition to what others have reported above, that of the disallow resetting upon leaving the lot, I have just had two vampire "break ins" despite having the setting to disallow them on, both times (I checked).

Message 20 of 28 (811 Views)