Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Do at the Same Time' Party Goals Not Fulfilling/ LE generated

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs and Stuff Packs *except* Spooky Stuff and Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim throw a House Party.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Do at the Same Time" goals such as Have 3 sims "Listen to the stereo at the same time" don't fulfill even when the number of required (or more) sims are doing the action. This applies to: Listen to the stereo, Dance to the stereo, Play a Game together, and possibly others. With the Dance goal, it will register 1 sim dancing in my game, but no more. The following are still working: Have 3 sims Drink/Eat food/Tell Jokes/Kiss. Note that water no longer works as a drink, however. As these goals are not fulfilled for the party, it makes it difficult to get Silver, but near impossible to get Gold level for the event. When I have MCCC installed, lots of Last Exception messages are displayed. Looking at the exception text I see "Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)"
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the party goal fulfill when the required number of sims are performing the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.40.61.1020 (Feb. 22, 2018).

Some text

Message 3 of 52 (12,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] 'Do at the Same Time' Party Goals Not Fulfilling/ LE generated

Hero

• When you throw a social event, attendees will now do their part to complete communal events.

Fixed in Patch 1.41.42 ... Hopefully for good

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 50 of 52 (12,233 Views)

All Replies

[TO TEST] Event goals not fulfilling and generating Last exceptions.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs except DO, Bowling Night, Vampires, OR, RG, SS and PP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? noticed problem as soon as event started - birthday party. Noticed via MCCC that a last exception was getting continuously generated and only stopped when event ended.
What happens when the bug occurs? Event does not run properly, goals not fulfilling and errors keep occurring. Also goals like "3 sims listen to stereo at same time" are not being fulfilled properly.
What do you expect to see? goals being fulfilled as sims do them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Feb 22 update patch for PC. Unsure if event issue existed before but i didn't notice it til after i updated game.

Noticed two separate issues with parties - one generating the last exceptions almost as soon as the event started and also goals not fulfilling even though I have enough sims doing whatever action, have attached LE file - but it mentions event related things.

Message 1 of 52 (12,301 Views)

Re: Event goals not fulfilling and generating Last exceptions.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm being plagued by this as well.

Message 2 of 52 (12,298 Views)

Re: 'Do at the Same Time' Party Goals Not Fulfilling

★★★ Novice
I have this problem as well.. patched to the feb 22 2018 patch on PC - I own all packs and this happens with or without mods.
Message 4 of 52 (12,424 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] 'Do at the Same Time' Party Goals Not Fulfilling

★★★★ Novice
I have this problem as well!! Tb tenho este problema! Since 22 feb! I have all packs and expansions. ESTOU FURIOSA!
Message 5 of 52 (12,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs and Stuff Packs, and free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim throw a Birthday Party. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims sit down at don't wake the llama table to play together and the birthday counter for "sims playing games together) does not increment
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the party goal fulfill when the required number of sims are performing the action. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.40.61.1020 (Feb. 22, 2018).

(OH thank goodness for this thread..)

Message 6 of 52 (12,389 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem, I only have the Pets expansion and have never had any mods, happens 100% of the time.

Message 7 of 52 (12,298 Views)

Date and Outing "do together" Actions Generate Errors. Date Goals Don't Fulfull.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except: Parenthood, Vampires, Spooky Stuff, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? TV, stereo, and woohoo bush: On a date choose watch TV together, watch movie together, dance together, listen to music together. Sims perform the actions but if they are date goals the goal never fulfills. With MC Commander installed, initiating and ending the activity both generate error reports. On an outing, using the woohoo bush generates the error reports. The activity completes. These are the only instances I have experienced, but there may be other situations as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a date goal is involved, the goal is never fulfilled. The activities themselves do not seem to be affected, at least not most of the time. The bug appeared after the 1.40.61.1020 patch. Repairing game has no effect.
What do you expect to see? I expect the date goal to be fulfilled in some reasonable amount of time (not the entire duration of the date). I expect the activities to not generate errors. Regarding the next question, I have tested this with all CC removed and the date goals did not fulfill. With only the commander installed, the error reports were displayed.
Please describe the patch or change you made. 22 February patch: 1.40.61.1020.

Here's an extract from the lastException log. Action is Listen to Music Together. Object is Blast from the Glass Door Speakers:

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>86a868155264e9e15a9439d2</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-02-26 11:20:37</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.40.61.1020-1.200.000.325.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>situation_goal_multi_sim.py:63</categoryid><desyncid>86a868155264e9e15a9439d2</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 203, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 443, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 4003, in do_transition_single&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3959, in _create_transition_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3852, in run_super_interaction&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3637, in run_direct_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 598, in run_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 4738, in perform_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5616, in perform_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6516, in _trigger_interaction_start_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 251, in process_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 360, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function&#13;&#10; File ".\mc_injections.py", line 757, in inject_last_exception_log&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 358, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_goal.py", line 607, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_goal_multi_sim.py", line 142, in _run_goal_completion_tests&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 742, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 102, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_goal_multi_sim.py", line 63, in get_expected_args&#13;&#10;TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 8 of 52 (12,161 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Date and Outing "do together" Actions Generate Errors. Date Goals

Hero
@fcc56

merged your post with existing issue.

Treating this as one issue for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 52 (12,153 Views)

Re: Date and Outing "do together" Actions Generate Errors. Date Goals

★★★ Apprentice

No problem.

I posted as a new topic because I recently had a house party and was able to complete the "have three sims do X" goal, but I don't remember whether that was before or after the most recent patch.

Message 10 of 52 (12,151 Views)