Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Distorted babies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

My Sims look like monsters

Workaround

EA is working on a fix for this. There is no need to post anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 8 (2,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Common] Distorted babies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

And for the official wording:

We have identified the root cause of the “Demon Baby” bug that some players have encountered. We’re working on the fix, and will patch it to players as soon as possible.

Rest easy: your infants will soon look 100% less creepy. Standard smile

EDIT: This issue has been resolved as of 2014/09/06

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,691 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

And for the official wording:

We have identified the root cause of the “Demon Baby” bug that some players have encountered. We’re working on the fix, and will patch it to players as soon as possible.

Rest easy: your infants will soon look 100% less creepy. Standard smile

EDIT: This issue has been resolved as of 2014/09/06

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 8 (2,692 Views)

Questions

★★★ Newbie

Dear 

what's happens with the baby ?.. please i need your help this image..      please this is my report ^^ thanks 

https://twitter.com/lovemuzz/status/507539707472142336/photo/1

Message 3 of 8 (2,453 Views)

my sims 4 baby is disformed

★★★ Newbie

i just purchsed the sims 4 tuesday. i downloaded it and them had to uninstall it and then reinstalled it cause it said i did not have the permissions. today i was playing and got my sim pregnat. she had the baby and she was disformed and i coud not see her in the bassinet. please fixxxx!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 8 (2,452 Views)

Re: my sims 4 baby is disformed

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi Sammy,

The developers are aware of this issue and said a patch will be released.

In the meantime there are a few methods which worked for some that you can try:-

1. Enable 'Laptop Mode' in Game Options

2. Graphics card problem - Force SIMS4 to use your preffered graphics card http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p...

If the above didn't work for you, you would need to wait for the patch.

And here is some discussions on this issue for you to read.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Distorted-babies/m-p/3446255#U3446255

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776288

Message 5 of 8 (2,449 Views)

Re: Questions

Hero

@lovemuzz145 Moved your thread. Please read.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,445 Views)

Babies are Aliens!!!!!

★ Novice

Why do the babies and toddlers have stick arms/legs and eyes that are buldging out?

Message 7 of 8 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My problem is that sims themselves around town are deformed, I've experienced more than 4 sims whose limbs are horribly stretched and  waving all over. I also encountered one sim whose upper body was invisible.

I posted at forums.thesims.com before:

Saw a townie jogged in the distance. Townie was deformed....stretched out twisted arms 
crinrict wrote: »

@Simsfreakmaniac: Are you using custom content ? What are your basic specs ?

Dell XPS 15Z Laptop
i5 2.4GHz
6G RAM
Win 7 Home Premium
Nvidia GT 525M
Origin version/vanilla game

Upon starting the game, the specs were set as low but I increased it to medium. Didn't experience any ill effect from that a part from the deformed jogging townie and only saw that once during a four hour play session. I'll reset to low and see if I encounter it again

Since that last post, I've encountered more deformed sims despite changing settings back to low and placing the game in laptop mode. I'll await to see whether the distorted babies patch fixes my problem as well. Also thought I'd put this up here too in case someone else is experiencing these same problems

Message 8 of 8 (2,136 Views)