[FIXED] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic cards

by Rui_to_Mashu

Original Post

Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Try update everything that's possible including Windows.
And that weird that i've got the same graphics and it doesn't work, I might try reinstalling entire laptop then

Message 71 of 113 (908 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I tried to completely reinstal my laptop I formatted all drivers, discs whatever was possible to remove and it didn't help. 

Message 72 of 113 (868 Views)

★★ Guide
It's not just this. With cards that render DSV from the pennticles you have to mash the tab key to see all of it. This happens on my PC with a GTX 670 card which is a high end card.
Message 73 of 113 (856 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic car

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too ...I tweeted sims 4 team about it but no reply lol. Looks like the city has been flooded, so disappointing as the view is so nice from the Pinnacles.. this bug is making me not wanting to even move there.

Message 74 of 113 (765 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic car

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I've done everything that I could think of and still the problem persists. Has anyone come up with a fix yet? I'm uploading my dxdiag as well.

Message 75 of 113 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good Evening/ Morning. I just finished reading through this thread and figured I'd add my name to the list of those affected. attached is the info from DxDiag. Thank's to everyone working to get this and other issues resolved.

Message 76 of 113 (667 Views)

Hero

@TVMuesli

could you try updating your graphics card ? I would think there's newer drivers than the ones you are using.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 113 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Thank you for your recommendation.

Unfortunately, updating my drivers to the latest iteration available had no effect on the presence of this issue in my game. I do find this issue to be rather unusual. While I do acknowledge the possibility that this is a hardware/software issue on my end, I feel it is strange that my computer (which is only about one-and-a-half years old and quite well outfitted considering its price point) Is capable of running every other aspect of the sims 4 nearly flawlessly and on full graphics settings, and is also able to run other programs more demanding than the sims quite well. It is the fact that I have never experienced any similar issue to this - not even in other particularly detailed neighbourhoods such as those in san myshuno or other places in del sol valley - that lead me to believe this is something beyond me or my computer. That said, I'm certainly no expert.

I have included an updated DxDiag file in case that should aid in this investigation.

Thanks again for working on this. Also, thanks for recommending the driver update, as I was likely due for one anyways.

-PM

Message 78 of 113 (620 Views)

★ Apprentice
I thought exactly the same! I run Sims on nearly full graphics settings (apart from Lightning everything is on the highest one) and got this issue with Del Sol Valley. I don't really know how gaming engines works but I hope they'll fix it in the next patch.
Message 79 of 113 (595 Views)

Hero

Haven't really been following this thread too much but I assume you all tried different graphics settings ?

• Laptop mode on/off
  • Lowering settings
  • For Mac: Retina on/off
  • Uncompressed textures on/off ?

It's really a bit curious why it only happens on some cards and then also on certain drivers/settings.

I hope Maxis can figure out the cause with all your information though,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 113 (589 Views)