Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic car

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic car

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To be honest updating your graphics card to the latest driver can have worse problems, for instance the latest nvidia driver has more bugs than the amazon rain forest, the thread over at nvidia is massive, I rolled back to the previous driver 417.22 my game is stable wasn't after the latest driver, but rest assured the problem is still there, oh well see what the latest patch brings tomorrow.

Message 81 of 113 (1,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Again.

I had messed around with the settings a bit, but on your recommendation, I went a little more in-depth into them. Unfortunately, I found no information or potential solutions to the problem through my experimentation.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if anything can be done. I suppose it's possible the sims team had already encountered this and fixed it for tomorrow's patch, but there's no way to know.

I guess it's not really the most pressing issue. Worse comes to worst I can just not go to the pinnacles - not like there's a lot to do there anyways.

-PM

Message 82 of 113 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well the patch got released and sweet FA about this problem even though EA are aware of it, typical,, I am sick to the hind teeth of all the bugs and they come back with some rubbish like it's your system, does this mean 99.9% of people having the same issues their machines are faulty I think not. This so called patch hardly fixes anything it's more of the new content and a few fixes, good on you EA letting the community down yet again.

Message 83 of 113 (1,199 Views)

Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

★★ Guide

This wasn't fixed in Today's Patch just to let everyone know.

Message 84 of 113 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello there

I don't believe it's necessary to assume all of that. Bugs are a part of any game, especially those with regular content additions. This issue may not have been fixed, but many others have, others that, frankly, are much more pressing issues than this, as they have a very physical effect on gameplay. This issue appears to be very situational and as such Sims Team is having great difficulty replicating it, as I've heard. Because this issue appears to be connected to certain hardware, it becomes significantly more difficult to get to the root of the bug, especially when there is little to no apparent pattern yet and no computers experiencing the bug in the possession of the production team.

I do feel your frustration. As much as any of us want new content, I'm sure most of us would wish to be able to comfortably use our existing content before getting new stuff. What we have to keep in mind is that the creation of new content is seperate from the correction of bugs. If new content is finished and working, it will be released on its scheduled date, even if bugs from previous updates have not yet been fixed. this is to ensure that new content sees the light of day promptly and while relevant (this holiday content would seem seriously out of context if released a month from now when this and other more difficult bugs are likely fixed). When bugs do get fixed they are likely usually added to the list of fixes to send out with the next content update, as consumers (and, probably more prominently, the publisher EA) prefer that sort of update compared to those that only fix bugs - they're a little more exciting, marketable, and will affect everyone's games as oppose to only those affected by bugs.

I think, with issues like this, we just have to accept that the production team is doing everything they can to fix a difficult issue. That, and we have to understand that when given the choice between fixing a very prominent and game-breaking bug that affects a lot of players or one that is rare, difficult to reproduce, and generally not that serious, any production team in the right of mind will choose the former. I, similarily, would much rather have my sims stop reacting in disgust to each other and walking at 1 metre an hour unnecessarily than be able to admire the view from a house my sims can't actually afford. Certainly, I'd love to have both, but I'm more willing to wait to go to the Pinnacles until its defining feature is fixed than wait to have a game that is playable and makes sense.

Don't hate on the production team too much. I'm sure if they could snap their fingers and help us all out right now they would. Things, unfortunately, just aren't that simple.

I think all of my logic and conclusions make sense here. If not, and someone who works in the field of game design or works at EA would like to educate me better, I'd appreciate it.

I hope that everyone has a good night/day, and I look forward to enjoying the new content and the eventual solution to this issue!

-PM

P.S. I apologise if this was completely unwarranted/doesn't belong here. I just felt like sharing my logic and optimism a little bit Wink Also, if this is too irrelevant and/or too long, someone with power to do so can feel free to hide/remove it

Message 85 of 113 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Just to let everyone know, we've been able to reproduce this.  It's seen with certain graphics cards when "View Distance" in Graphics Options is set to High.  The team will be looking into it.

And thanks to everyone that has sent information about this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 86 of 113 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Robo so glad y'all finally reproduced this. I hope It can be fixed. The GT120 Nvidea is one of the cards that can't render the city from the Pennticles.

Message 87 of 113 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo
Hellos!
I am very pleased to hear that this has been reproduced! I look forward to when this is fixed!
I would just like to let you guys know, this issue is also present when the view distance is set to 'Low' (Not that anyone should ever have to play like that anyways). I discovered this in testing for a possibe cause in terms of my settings (no combination of settings yielded a change in the issue).
Just figured I'd tell you guys that, in case you weren't already aware.
-PM
Message 88 of 113 (1,039 Views)

EA Sims Team

@TVMuesli

Hmmm... OK.  Thank you for the info.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 89 of 113 (1,025 Views)

Please help! Get Famous Bug

★★ Novice

So I bought get famous on amazon for instant access, so I got the code right away. I have a mac and I was told PC expansion packs work on PC AND MAC. So, I bought it. I open my game after installing Get Famous, and about all works fine. EXCEPT when I go to the green area of the Get Famous World. When I open a lot in that green area, part of the view of the world in the distance doesn't appear. Only the buildings. This bothers me so much, because I wasted money for this. Please please help. If you can help me solve this, email me

Message 90 of 113 (952 Views)