Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

by Rui_to_Mashu

Original Post

Re: Issues with Del Sol Valley Background- Mac

@jjaiis_

How did you check your drivers are up to date? Updates come through Apple in OS updates, although it is possible to update older NVIDIA cards manually.

I wonder if this is maybe a bug with low spec. graphics. Have you checked the bug forum? I’ll have a hunt around too Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 61 of 113 (1,071 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey @Bluebellflora

I checked whether my drivers were updated via Settings (System Preference) > Software Update. It says it is up to date.

I have never played on low settings, just high or ultra, never had this issue, just with Get Famous world. 

Message 62 of 113 (1,058 Views)

@jjaiis_

Yep, Crin already has this issue logged. I’ve merged your posts to this thread so all reports are in one place. It does appear to be a low graphics chip/card issue. Please take a minute to click the Me Too button on the opening post Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 63 of 113 (1,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I seem to be having the same problem.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 64 of 113 (1,015 Views)

Hero
Are there no newer graphics card drivers for your system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 113 (1,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict The latest driver for Radeon R6 Graphics is from October 2018 - I've got the same one and got this issue too , the driver is pretty recent one, the expansion pack seems to be not supported by this graphics, Simguru should be working on that now, hopefully they will be able to fix it. If not then I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done. 

Message 66 of 113 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@93aandbe You should update your graphics drivers, download them from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support you have to find yours model there or just downloade Auto detect and it will automatically find suitable drivers for you.

your current are from 2015, however I've got exactly the same one, and even after updating the problem is still there, if your game will work normally after updating, please let me know Standard smile 

Message 67 of 113 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rui_to_Mashu wrote:

@crinrict The latest driver for Radeon R6 Graphics is from October 2018 - I've got the same one and got this issue too , the driver is pretty recent one, the expansion pack seems to be not supported by this graphics, Simguru should be working on that now, hopefully they will be able to fix it. If not then I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done. 

I'm aware that's it's being looked into.

Just thought cause the user had drivers from 2015, it was worth a try anyways until a fix is found.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 113 (995 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@crinrict it's just really frustrating because The Sims 4 works perfectly on my laptop, like I can smoothly run on the highest game settings but then this happens and we can't really do anything about that. I think after adding terrain tools and first person camera with addition of Get Famous EP the game just broke on some graphic cards, and I don'T think it's only old or weak ones, because I've seen way weaker than mines. Like we can see there's something going on even from the dark ceilings in the game which before the update were normal white/light colour. 

Message 69 of 113 (990 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The update have worked and fixed the background problem, but now my laptop runs so slowly I can barely do anything. Must have done something wrong :S
Message 70 of 113 (961 Views)