Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

by crinrict

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@Rui_to_Mashu

Did you try turning graphics settings down.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 31 of 113 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

Yeah I tried literally everything apart from completely reinstalling all Windows, I repaired the game several times, I reinstalled the game, I turned off the Windows Defender, clean installed the latest drivers, tried to install older drivers to see whether it was problem with the driver or not, etc. and none of these helped.

Message 32 of 113 (1,104 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic c

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Rui_to_Mashu @thatsme_ever @catloverplayer

I moved this back to bugs and will add as needs input.

Don't think there's anything that can be done and EA/Maxis needs to look into it. I don't know if they will fix it or not but the best way is to gather as many voices as possible

If anyone else has this issue, please add your card/driver date.

It was a bit complicated to move so if you find bits of this still in tech @jpkarlsen or @kreatora .. let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 113 (1,092 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic c

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @jpkarlsen @kreatora Thank you all so much for the help!!!

Fingers crossed that the dev team in Maxis/EA will look into it and it will be addressed in a future pack. I also tagged one of the Sim Gurus (Nick, I believe) on one of my messages in The Sims 4 forums, so he can see the pictures for himself and probably keep the problem in mind.

Again, thanks so much! Happy Simming!

Message 34 of 113 (1,069 Views)

Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Also getting the blue ceilings on the GT120 Nvidea.

Message 35 of 113 (1,043 Views)

★★ Guide
Both another PC and graphics card.
Message 36 of 113 (1,042 Views)

★★ Guide

Does anyone know if uninstalling Get Famous and reinstalling GF will fix this issue? Haven't tried it myself. I was thinking that it might be a corrupt download but it's more likely it's due to weak cards.

Message 37 of 113 (1,022 Views)

Hero

@catloverplayer

Could you post that Computer's complete DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 113 (1,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@catloverplayer

I was thinking that, but it's not faulty download. I tried installing it on different computer as well and it worked normal. But on the other one I've got really bad graphics so I don't play Sims on that. And yeah it'S even weirder that it works normally there with much older and weaker graphics then I have on my laptop where I normally run even games like GTA V.

Message 39 of 113 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Rui_to_Mashu Thanks for the heads up, because I was thinking of reinstalling it. It's really weird that it happens with some mediocre but not terrible cards and not with some more recent ones. I tested it on my boyfriend's laptop whose got a worse card than mine and it was fine there. Sighing. What pains me is that we don't know if it ever gets fixed.

Message 40 of 113 (992 Views)