Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

by catloverplayer

Original Post

Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry for the mistake! I did the upgrade through the AMD Driver Auto-Detect tool and the latest possible version was the 13.9. I upgraded the drivers to this version and then manually downloaded the 15.7 version and tried to install it, but it still can't be installed. I guess my computer doesn't meet the requirements...?

Message 21 of 113 (1,198 Views)

Hero

@thatsme_ever @Rui_to_Mashu

I'm merging these threads.

I think there's an issue with some older integrated chips and weak graphics cards.

Seen other reports around the social channels. Not sure if there's anything that can be done that helps or if the cards are just too low.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 113 (1,179 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@thatsme_ever

Maybe you should add a new computer to your christmas wishes.:eahigh_file:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 23 of 113 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really hope there is something that can be done! Wink I was dying to see this view in-game!

Here is my DxDiag file. Again, thanks so much for the help!

Message 24 of 113 (1,161 Views)

Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

★★ Guide

Same issue with GT120 Nivedia Card. City view doesn't render from the pennticles. Repairing game didn't fix.  

No mods or cc. 

Message 25 of 113 (1,138 Views)

★★ Guide
It isnt a computer issue. It's an issue with some cards and integrated chips. What I find amazing is the GT120 card can fully render Myshuno but it cant Del Sol Valley.
Message 26 of 113 (1,132 Views)

★★ Guide

GTX 660 doesn't have this issue. City fully renders on that card.

Message 27 of 113 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So, could it be fixed with a future patch or do we need a new graphics card? I used to have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and now it pains me to know that it probably could have run with this one. (It died and needed replacement, that's how I ended with the HD 5145 one -which I think is slightly worse than the 5650).

Message 28 of 113 (1,117 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@catloverplayer wrote:

GTX 660 doesn't have this issue. City fully renders on that card.

Great that you had a better graphics card lying around. Or was this another PC?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 29 of 113 (1,107 Views)

★ Apprentice

So can future patch fix it? My graphics is AMD Radeon R6 and the latest driver is 18/10/2018. I'm attaching my dxdiag file as well. 

PS: My sister plays on intel HD graphics or something like that with not even 300MB VRAM, it's integrated into her i3 Intel processor as well and apart from playing on low to medium settings her game works completely normally. I just find that kinda weird, I hope they fix that in a patch ASAP. The Sims 4 is like one of the least demanding game so I don't expect problems like this to happen in this game whatsoever... 

Message 30 of 113 (1,090 Views)