Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

by kreatora

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I updated my graphics card drivers to the latest available version (sorry, it took me some time), but the problem persists. 

Edit: I'm attaching the new DxDiag file underneath. Thank you so much for the help so far!

Second edit: There is a problem. I run the new drivers exe. file and it said that they were updated but in the DxDiag file it still mentions my old ones (I think).

Message 11 of 113 (1,671 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)
@thatsme_ever
Maybe you have the MTS Arena program installed? In one case it unfortunately interfered with the TS4 graphics in a similar way.
I don't work for EA
Message 12 of 113 (1,664 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't installed such a program. I fear that my graphics card is weak and the drivers outdated (I can't find ones more recent than 2011). Disappointed

Message 13 of 113 (1,643 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The latest driver is from 2015 and is available here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-mobilit...

There is also a beta from 2016. I recommend that you try the one from 2015 first see if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 113 (1,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I ran the .exe file normally (and then as an administrator) and even though it said that it was completed successfully, my DxDiag tool and the information on Device Manager still say that I've got the old drivers in the system. I don't know why this is happening.

Message 15 of 113 (1,612 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try removing the old driver  first. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 16 of 113 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've read that completely removing the old drivers could be risky and have complications to the machine. But I guess I don't know what else to do. 

@crinrict Do you have anything else to add or advise me? @jpkarlsen advised me to upgrade my graphics drivers and I think I will proceed with that. But I'm waiting to see if you could tell me something else, as I saw that other people had the same problem. 

Thank you both so much for your kind help! 

Message 17 of 113 (1,575 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello again!

Just letting you know that my drivers are upgraded to version 13.9 (the 15.1 wasn't possible for my system), but the problem still persists. Please let me know if there is something else I could do.

Thank you so much for all your help up to this point! Large smile

Message 18 of 113 (1,530 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The latest non beta driver for your system (Windows 7 64 bit) is 15.7 not 15.1! Perhaps it was that one you meant. You can also try the beta driver 16.2. But as this is a very old system it simply may not be capable enough. At least apart from the view you can play the game.

Message 19 of 113 (1,524 Views)

Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

This could be an issue of your card

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Also moving this to the tech forum for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 113 (1,528 Views)