Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic cards

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available to this date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, it doesn't happen to everybody.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see the city properly.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the full background of the city
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, when I enter The Pinnacles in the city of Del Sol Valley. The texture of the background city doesn't load properly. I tried repairing the game, removing the mods, disabling firewall, I did the PC troubleshooting, I fully reinstalled the game - none of these helped. I'm attaching photos of the problem. I can easily run game on the highest settings, and this problem does not occur in any other cities.

Message 1 of 113 (6,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Del Sol Valley - Background doesn't render on weak graphic cards

[ Edited ]
Hero

We fixed the issue with Del Sol Valley’s terrain disappearing when View Distance was set to High. Graphics cards (that we know of) that were affected by the issue:
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145
  • NVIDIA GT 120

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

If anyone still has issues with this, let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 109 of 113 (4,593 Views)

All Replies

Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

Hero (Retired)

@Rui_to_Mashu Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?  If not, please make sure they're up to date.  Also, I know you've already taken steps to repair your game, but please try the following exact steps: 1) Remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save.  If this doesn't help, please let us know which graphics card you are using, and what your in-game visual settings are.

Message 2 of 113 (6,438 Views)

Re: Del Sol Valley - background issue

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BryonyRae@@@Hi, none of these helped. I'm using AMD Radeon R6 Graphics with capacity of 1GB and the driver updated on 10/10/2018. The processor is AMD Quad-Core A10-730

My game settings are all set on high except from the lighting that's set on medium and the sims details are Seton very high, also postprocessing is checked as well as the textures compression.

Message 3 of 113 (6,396 Views)

Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello! I'm contacting you to let you know of a problem I encountered in my Sims 4 game today.

I purchased the Sims 4: Get Famous EP on Friday morning and have played a lot since then. Today, I made one of my Sim families move into the Chateau Peak lot and this is the view that is seen when my Sims look down at the city. I thought it may have been a bug, so I contacted EA support and they told me to follow some steps and clean my Origin cache. I did these steps, rebooted the PC and restarted my game, but the problem that you see in the inserted image still persists. I own all Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs for The Sims 4.

I play The Sims 4 on a laptop with these basic requirements: Windows 7, Intel Core i5-450M, Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145, 8GB RAM and 65GB of free space.

Is it a graphics problem of my laptop, or could it be some sort of bug or glitch? Thank you so much in advance!

Message 4 of 113 (6,477 Views)

Re: Distorted View From Chateau Peak Lot In Del Sol Valley

Hero

Hi @thatsme_ever

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Also

• Do you have laptop mode on or off ?
  • Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 113 (6,439 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello! Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply! I'm attaching the DxDiag file underneath.

I play with laptop mode off.

I use CC, mostly clothing and Build/Buy Mode objects. From Script Mods, I use the MC Command Center Mod and the UI Cheats Extension Mod, nothing else.

Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to your reply!

Message 6 of 113 (6,427 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Both these Mods must be updated (updates are available).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 113 (6,415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for replying! I use the latest versions for both of them. I check every day to see if they are updated and download the most recent version possible.

Message 8 of 113 (6,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Your graphic card is a bit weak. What are your graphic settings?

Also your graphics drivers are extremely old try upgrading them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 113 (6,398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Everything on Ultra and High. I've got the Post Processing Effects option off. I tested it in Low and Medium Settings as well, but it's still the same.

Message 10 of 113 (6,395 Views)