Re: Deep conversation

by PipMenace

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

seems like 'deep conversation' has been branched instead into 'share personal life goals', 'talk about treasured memory' and 'share stories of personal challenges'. these show for Sims who have become friends or good friends.

the Sims i tested on had no sentiments, and the other Sim hadn't gained any sentiments about them either.

Message 11 of 41 (2,261 Views)

★ Pro

Turns out it's not sentiments but being "Confidants" which causes those string replacements. Only problem here is, this kind of relationship requires Snowy Escape and I get those "new" interactions even with base game alone.

<U>
<V n="new_display_name" t="enabled">
<T n="enabled">0x32A6667A<!--String: "Share Stories of Personal Challenges"--></T>
</V>
<L n="test">
<L>
<V t="relationship">
<U n="relationship">
<U n="required_relationship_bits">
<L n="match_any">
<T>248676<!--RelationshipBit: friendship-Confidant--></T>
</L>
</U>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>
</U>

Message 12 of 41 (2,247 Views)

★★★ Pro

Same Error but after installing snowy escape deep conversation are back in friendly UI.

Message 13 of 41 (2,235 Views)

Hero
@daikoyu Explains why I didn't see the issue :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 41 (2,189 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've just downloaded Snowy Escape and have deep conversation back.  Thank you @kusurusu and @crinrict for helping me out.

Message 15 of 41 (2,155 Views)

Hero
@Flockleader It's def a bug though. It shouldn't be this way if you don't have the pack so thank you for reporting it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 41 (2,152 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this Issue and dont have Snowy Escape. Those other options like "Share stories of personal challenges" are also showing up for sims my sims just met

Message 17 of 41 (2,125 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

Are we sure this is a bug and not just... an intentional split / way of adding more meaning to “have a deep conversation”?

The actions share ‘personal life goals', 'talk about treasured memory' and 'share stories of personal challenges' do all count for me towards the deep conversation goal on a date.

Plus these seem to trigger different sentiments, though not all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 18 of 41 (2,045 Views)

Hero
@PipMenace It's a bug cause it goes away when you install SE

It's a specific name change if the Sims are confidants but that you can only get with SE. If you don't have SE, it should be deep conversation still.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 41 (2,029 Views)

★ Guide

I have SE installed but have noticed that Deep Conversation disappears when my sims are on a date. I have been able to use it at other times. 

Message 20 of 41 (2,026 Views)