[FIXED] Deck of Cards stuck on floor of home lot

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Deck of Cards stuck on floor of home lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Issue

Putting card table from OR back into sim's inventory caused the deck of cards to become stuck on house floor.  Nothing worked to delete them other than bulldozing the lot and replacing the house with a copy from my gallery.  They couldn't be picked up in build mode. Trying the sledgehammer said object wasn't deletable.  I couldn't pick them up by turning on the MOO cheat, either.  I also tried moving the household out of and back into the lot twice but the cards were still present. 

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Had sim play cards with the OR card table.  First instance, I dragged the table into her inventory to put it up.  The second time I had her place it into inventory, thinking my dragging it may have caused the issue.  The game doesn't clean the cards up, at least on a home lot.  The cards to the side of the sofa had been there since the sim was a YA.  She is now almost an elder and I have been playing long life span.  The cards behind the sofa had only been there a few sims days as I was testing to see if having the sim place the table into inventory prevented the deck from being separated and left behind. 

Picture

Attached

Where does the bug occur ?

I've only tried the card table on the one home lot in Newcrest.  Small starter home so I had put the sim's sofa in the household inventory for her to play cards, then was trying to put the card table back into her inventory so I could put the sofa back into place.

Mods/CC

Have not used mods or CC in game.  It's vanilla.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All released to date.  I purchased and installed GTW, OR and SD during the store sale in late December 2015.

Occurring since

Unknown, since this is the first time I have used that card table.  She purchased it in Granite Falls but didn't use it there.  Searching didn't turn up a thread about this problem so if I missed one somehow, plmk if there is a workaround, or, if there is something I did wrong to cause it.

Operating system

i5-4570 @ 3.2GHz; Nvidia GTX 650; Windows 10
Message 1 of 8 (1,993 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Deck of Cards stuck on floor of home lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Oh dear, I didn't see a message tagging me to the thread.  So sorry for being late to reply.  At the time, I would have said I didn't know since I just kept using the workaround.  Having to bulldoze to fix was just too extreme for my tastes.

I ran across a thread the other day in the other forums where someone indicated that they couldn't put the table into inventory in GF but it was in their household inventory when the sim got home.  This made me wonder if this problem was still around.  Since I have a new save started and  the sim in a starter home that I hadn't done anything with, I gave trying out the card table another chance.  It appears the workaround has been made the fix by greying out the option to put in inventory.  The table can't be dragged into personal inventory either, just household inventory.  From household inventory, it  can be removed and placed on the home lot and then the option to put in inventory can be selected.

There is still an issue with this card table.  I saw BryonyRae posted a thread on it when I came to resurrect this thread.  I'll post in her thread so you can close this particular issue as fixed.  Link to other thread is https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Wolf-Pytt-s-Essential-Gaming-Table-not-fully-portable/...

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,651 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I was able to duplicate your issue @dolldrms1.  It's interesting because the other card tables do not even have the option to be placed into personal inventory.  I believe the devs made an error in categorization for the OR card table, which led to this problem.  It can be avoided altogether if you place the table into household inventory instead of into personal inventory.

Message 2 of 8 (1,984 Views)

★ Pro

Thank you so much for checking this out, @BryonyRae.  I hope this is something EA will fix since having to go to the extreme of bulldozing the lot to get rid of card decks is not an optimal solution.  In this case, I only lost the evolved plants from gardening but someone who has spent lots of game hours upgrading a house would be an unhappy camper.

At least, for now, using the household inventory provides a workaround.  However, that defeats the purpose of a "portable" card table.

@crinrict, I'm still so new to these forums I wasn't sure whether or not to click accept as solution.  If you want me to click it because a workaround is the best that can be done for now, plmk.

Message 3 of 8 (1,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If it's a working workaround, mark it as solved (the post that has the solution)

I'll add it anyways and add workaround to the title.

@dolldrms1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,895 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict, it is indeed a workaround.  Putting the OR card table into household inventory doesn't separate the cards from the table, causing them to become stuck to the lot.  I was even able to remove it from the household inventory and drag it into the sim's inventory because the cards aren't present on the table when it comes out of the household inventory.

Message 5 of 8 (1,883 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,861 Views)

Hero

@dolldrms1

Is this still happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Oh dear, I didn't see a message tagging me to the thread.  So sorry for being late to reply.  At the time, I would have said I didn't know since I just kept using the workaround.  Having to bulldoze to fix was just too extreme for my tastes.

I ran across a thread the other day in the other forums where someone indicated that they couldn't put the table into inventory in GF but it was in their household inventory when the sim got home.  This made me wonder if this problem was still around.  Since I have a new save started and  the sim in a starter home that I hadn't done anything with, I gave trying out the card table another chance.  It appears the workaround has been made the fix by greying out the option to put in inventory.  The table can't be dragged into personal inventory either, just household inventory.  From household inventory, it  can be removed and placed on the home lot and then the option to put in inventory can be selected.

There is still an issue with this card table.  I saw BryonyRae posted a thread on it when I came to resurrect this thread.  I'll post in her thread so you can close this particular issue as fixed.  Link to other thread is https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Wolf-Pytt-s-Essential-Gaming-Table-not-fully-portable/...

Message 8 of 8 (1,652 Views)