Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Death by Meteor missing text and Icon

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Cottege Living and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Kill a Sim with the new "Death By Meteor", go to the simology panel and the bug will be in the Traits panel.
What happens when the bug occurs?  No string in the trait name and no trait image. 
What do you expect to see? A trait named "Morto por Meteoro" and a trait image.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. when I updated my game to the new version.

Hi! I found a bug, I think this was supposed to be the "Killed by Meteor" trait from the new meteor Death that came with the new patch version PC: 1.89.214.1030 (my mods are disabled)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue, filled in form from answers given

Message 1 of 9 (3,338 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Death by Meteor missing text and Icon

Hero

No-one expects it but if a Sim is killed by something from deep space they will get the Death by Meteorite trait in the Family Tree along with a representative icon depicting their untimely end.

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,123 Views)

All Replies

Re: New bug

Hero
@Viniciusvill Did you cheat it or get it the regular way ? Is this the only text string issue you have ? Have you tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,317 Views)
Highlighted

I can duplicate this issue. No mods, game in french, death in the regular way, same thing after a game repair and it is the only missing text so far.

CleanShot 2022-06-15 at 11.39.17.jpg

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 3 of 9 (3,223 Views)

Hero
@Henalexandre Thanks. Might be a language issue again. sigh

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,220 Views)

Champion

Good morning

Exactly the same situation as @Viniciusvill  and @Henalexandre, and I have the same rendering in game as on their screenshot.

This is the only trait that shows up with a little llama and without any information when I move the mouse pointer over the area that explains the trait in question.

This visual on the character traits window appeared with the update adding the telescope and the new way to die.

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Message 5 of 9 (3,203 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Also Missing in English.

Message 6 of 9 (3,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Here's confirmation that the "Death by Meteor" trait is missing the text and icon in the English version of the game:

missing_death_by_meteorite_trait.png

Message 7 of 9 (3,151 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Same in the italian version of the game

meteor ghost.jpg

Message 8 of 9 (3,066 Views)

Hero

No-one expects it but if a Sim is killed by something from deep space they will get the Death by Meteorite trait in the Family Tree along with a representative icon depicting their untimely end.

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,124 Views)