Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dead sims contacting the living via phone

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except barckyard, spooky and first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? Dead sims continue to phone up living sims, 6 to 7 times a day PER sim in the household.
What do you expect to see? Dead sims NOT contacting the living via phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a block feature for a sim to to be able to phone or text or just STOP dead sims from having phones or calling.

PLEASE. My current families dead father phones each sim in my house hold multiple times a day, it’s utterly mad.

Please fix it. Please.

—T

Message 1 of 14 (5,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead sims contacting the living via phone

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ghosts will no longer be obsessively calling you 5-ish times a day to see if you want to come over and hang out. They’ve been working on their self-control and are limited to at most one call per day now.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

It's not gone but they toned it down. Guess if you have further issues with ghost sending messages, open a feedback thread at the officials. 

This is officially considered fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (5,636 Views)

All Replies

Re: dead sims contacting the living via phone

★★ Guide

I have also seen this in my game and it's just plain weird. I'd like to see this fixed as well.

Message 2 of 14 (4,969 Views)

Hero
Just to be sure, these aren't ghosts that are living in households ?

Also, do they continue to do so after they faded away/were sent to the netherworld ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (4,946 Views)

★★ Guide
In my game they aren't ghosts from my active household they're ghosts from different households, people who are friends with my current household and have passed away. Once the spirit fades away the phone calls stop for me.
Message 4 of 14 (4,939 Views)

★ Guide

No they stop once the ghost sim has been banished. He is not in my active household either, I have a cemetery generic lot were I keep all my graves and he’s there. 

I don’t mind the phone calls but he’s dead, ghosts shouldn’t be able to call at all it really breaks immersion. 

—T

Message 5 of 14 (4,929 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Dead sims contacting the living via phone

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Wait this wasn't intentional?!

Now for real.
I've had my sims 4 game for around 2 years and it's been there from the day I got it (pretty sure anyway)
Always thought it was strange, but maybe intentional - opportunities so we can move the ghosts in our households in case we want to ressurect them? 

Would love to see it fixed as well - if it is a glitch anyway. Or at least an option to turn this off.

Message 6 of 14 (4,907 Views)

★ Guide

@IrisGottaBelieve wrote:

Wait this wasn't intentional?!

Now for real.
I've had my sims 4 game for around 2 years and it's been there from the day I got it (pretty sure anyway)
Always thought it was strange, but maybe intentional - opportunities so we can move the ghosts in our households in case we want to ressurect them? 

Would love to see it fixed as well - if it is a glitch anyway. Or at least an option to turn this off.

yeah, this has been happening for ages in my game but it never bothered me so I never reported it.

Message 7 of 14 (4,877 Views)

Hero
I'll add this as needs input.

Probably needs a few more voices

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (4,853 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks, I hope the gurus see it.

—T

Message 9 of 14 (4,842 Views)

Hero
It's been forwarded but more voices are always good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (4,836 Views)