Patch day, are there any fixes yet?
Message 52 of 84 (1,631 Views)

Re: Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

Hero

Nothing in the notes. Don't think so

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 84 (1,628 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

★ Apprentice
I also have this problem.

-Almost all sims look alive in the family tree. I usually never release them, just keep the urn in the inventory.

-Some should-be-dead-sims are appearing in single households as if alive. Before I knew this was a bug, I moved the undead sim into the correct household (from which it previously died) and it appeared as a playable ghost. Had to re-kill it by cheat as it did not have an urn. Appeared in family tree as grey. I think the appearing ghosts might be sims of which I have lost the urns somehow.

-the most devastating problem is that some sims are disappearing from the family tree. For example one out of 5 daughters (old, dead) is missing, and thus her branch of the family tree is cut of from the rest of the family. Also some sims are no longer appearing as siblings (these are sims created without parents) although they can be found in their separate trees.

I currently have around 130 playable sims, limit is 200.

Using cc, no script mods.

Don't dare play anymore until this I fixed Frown
Message 54 of 84 (1,541 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. Started off with dead sims in my family tree looking alive and not giving a description of death. However as sims died, both human and animals, they were put in the manage households area under the non played sims as trait-less nameless ghosts.

Should those affected stop playing until its fixed? Based on the dates in this thread, it looks like its been a problem for a while and was not fixed in the most January patch. Very worried about this, as it seems the problem could potentially destroy my legacy play and I don't dare touch it now that I've seen how extensive the problem is through reading through this thread.

Would love to know if there is something I could do. You'd think a major problem like this, not just a mere bug, would be addressed sooner than this. Disappointed

Message 55 of 84 (1,469 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am also having this problem! dont run mods or CC in game, but recently, my family tree is showing members of my family that should be dead as alive, they aren't greyed out at all. Recent deaths are showing up grey, but not all. I dont have tombstones for all sims as some died off lot. Hopefully its fixed in the next patch! Makes keeping track of generations difficult!
Message 56 of 84 (1,346 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. I have both pets and sims coming back from the dead. I´ve played with mods and without them but it´s all the same :/

Message 57 of 84 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Dang, this all sounds nasty.

I play with Aging Off and am protective of my Sims, though, so this shouldn't affect my Family Trees.

Does this issue affect Ghosts generated by the Haunted Lot Trait, though? I have one Ghost in the game who is haunting 920 Medina Studios (where Jordan and Jared from the "City Living" trailers/videos live in my game).

ADDENUM: He's not a member of their household (you can invite Ghosts to live with you if you're friendly enough with them, right?). He's shown up once one night, and is in Jordan and Jared's Relationships (at least one of theirs, anyway...it's been too long X-D).

Message 58 of 84 (1,193 Views)

★ Apprentice
Im presuming there still isnt a fix for this after all this time! Would be nice if somebody would update the situation, or at least notify us that somebody has recognised the issue and is able to identify a fix. Its so frustrating Frown I know its just the family tree, but when im playing and tracking legacies etc its impacting the game play trying to keep track of who is dead! >Frown
Message 59 of 84 (1,181 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I have decided not to play anymore with my families until this problem is solved. For me the management of the family tree is VERY important for my style of play and I do not want it to be permanently ruined by this bug.

I hope it will be resolved as soon as possible, but I was expecting a quick solution in these months because it concerns something fundamental for the game (in my opinion).  We hope at least that they are working on this bug!

Honestly, I prefer now to fix this bug rather than announcing new packs! Please solve this bug! Devil

Message 60 of 84 (1,164 Views)