[FIXED] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

by skoliro90

Original Post

Re: Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

★★ Apprentice

I don't use any custom content and I don't use any mods. I don't use MCCC. This is a game bug, not a mod bug - but I raised it as it might well be being made MORE complicated by the settings of a mod like MCCC.

But to reiterate, I have a vanilla game with no mods of any kind and no custom content either. And my dead are undead. Standard smile

Message 41 of 84 (4,016 Views)

★ Guide

Ah okay, thanks a lot for letting me know. I was getting worried that it might be caused by MCCC - of course it being caused by the game itself doesn't really make things better, but at least I know for sure now. I hope the gurus will be solving this issue... sooner rather than later, as it's huge. I did manage to reach them on Twitter, so fingers crossed here.

Message 42 of 84 (3,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this bug too, and I've also noticed that any sim appearing alive on the tree, as been wiped from my sims relationships/memory. They also have no tombstone. I don't use MCC. 

Message 43 of 84 (3,844 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. I don't have mods or anything like that. It f**cked up my whole family tree. Super annoying!

Message 44 of 84 (3,769 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A lot of things went into the last patch but not this, so either it's something that they have to work on for a patch in its own right, or they became aware of it as an issue too late for it to get into this patch.

I have noticed it happening in my new game, and it''s interesting because I can see the process more clearly in this game.

I've been playing a bit with the Caliente family.

The mother of the twins died of old age and appeared as a greyed out ghost in the family tree to begin with. Now Nina has died of old age and she appears as a ghost - but her mother is broken now so shows up as alive and elder even though she's long since gone.

The game is randomly spawning tombs but not for all sims. The father of one of my sims is appearing as an undead elder sim because the game hasn't spawned a gravestone for him, but it has spawned one for Morgan Fyres O.o, who I have never played. I only know this because their house became a crime scene and my sim was there investigating.

Patch has fixed a lot of things but I guess we hope for this to be mended in the next. This game has no undead trying to move into houses (yet) or messing up any other part of my game, but it is clearly a process in the culling mechanism.

In summary...

Sim dies, is greyed out as ghost...

Game tries to cull ghost

Game fails

Fragmented sim remains as an undead with no aspirations or traits.

Game moves on to the next generation.

Bug continues.

Also, it doesn't relate at all so far to the ones I've had the warnings about losing their connection to the physical plain. None of the sims showing up as undead in my family tree are ones I've had a message about greying out.

In this game I only have about 40 active sims with a max of 150 set, but it is still culling and bugging the dead regardless.

Fingers crossed a fix is not too far away...and preferably one that restores family trees to what they should be without destroying all connections and keeper ghosts.

Message 45 of 84 (3,735 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

★★ Novice

I'm getting this problem too. Really ruining the game for me. I can't release sims to the netherworld without them appearing as alive on the family tree. I hope a fix comes soon and that it will fix pre-existing messed up trees.

Message 46 of 84 (3,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue when sending a Sim to the netherworld. Sims recently passed and sent to the netherworld are walking around town like they were never killed and Sims the passed and Sent to the netherworld before the "culling" update are floating around town.

Message 47 of 84 (3,711 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hey there just wanted to say having the same problem as everyone else, wanted to report it and hope a fix will be coming soon!
Message 48 of 84 (3,472 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really hope that this problem is solved soon; because of this problem I'm afraid to continue the story of my Sims so as not to ruin the family tree.

Now all the non-playable Sims that died before the update appear in the family tree still in color. As if they were still alive.
All playable Sims that died before the update and released in the underworld (all their tombs are in a lot used as a cemetery) appear in gray in the family tree. But sometimes they call the Sims still alive to invite them to parties or other. It is crazy. 
The playable characters that died after the update and released in the underworld, they always appear in color now.

I repeat: I really hope it will be resolved soon.

Message 49 of 84 (3,381 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

★★★ Novice

We are waiting Frown

Message 50 of 84 (3,159 Views)