Re: [FIXED] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

by VraieEsprit

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Hey

I think my problem with the appearance of alive sims is the same, but they appeared alive even if i never released them to the netherworld.

I mean since they did specify it by mention those sims.

Message 71 of 84 (892 Views)

Hero

@SarisenL92 wrote:

Hey

I think my problem with the appearance of alive sims is the same, but they appeared alive even if i never released them to the netherworld.

I mean since they did specify it by mention those sims.

In the family tree ? Did you update your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 84 (885 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Sorry, my explanation was so bad. At the site for the update it said specifically that it was fixed for the netherworld thing. I had the problem but never released my sims. It seems to work for me now though, so it was the same issue anyway. Standard smile
Message 73 of 84 (877 Views)

Hero
Yeah, most probably. Glad it's fixed for you too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 84 (869 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yup, not fixed at all. "Dead" sims still come back. Also I see no option to release the spirit on the gravestone/urn.
Message 75 of 84 (864 Views)

★ Apprentice
I don't know if this was related (mentioned it in my earlier post), but it was not fixed by the patch. My family tree is still fckd up. One sibling sim is missing altogether and all sibling sims created without parents are not related anymore. Will probably make a separate post about this as it seems to not be related.
Message 76 of 84 (846 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't know yet how the patch will work for my game issues given that I have had deadlines and teaching and have not been able to play for a bit - will hopefully check it next week. I wonder if people who still have the issue use MCC/used MCC before when the issue was going on and if that does or doesn't impact on how the patch has dealt with the dead or undead?

I have never had a single undead sim turn up in my game at a lot, at a house, or anywhere. They ALL looked alive on the family tree some two or three days after dying, but they NEVER interacted. Sometimes they'd call but as ghosts not as undead people, so those were only the ones the game recognised as being dead. I had my game set to auto move in sims to empty houses and in that case I had a couple of undead moved in but loading the house failed and when the one house was a crime scene in GTW there was no sign of the apparent resident.

I am wondering if MCC or other mods and the creation of families has an impact on whether the patch can fix those families or whether this is just a lottery as to whether it works for you or not.

I will test mine out when I go home next week. I have no mods or CC, but two games where this is affected.

I also want to know whether this bug relates to the amnesic bug where sims forget they know other sims or forget they're married. It sure sounds like it with the broken relationships people are mentioning but then again, maybe not. I find that more irritating than the undead in my game now because one of my sims had to discover that his girlfriend was an alien about five times (fortunately he likes aliens) and meet her at least twice ><

Message 77 of 84 (842 Views)

Hero

@fiishes wrote:
I don't know if this was related (mentioned it in my earlier post), but it was not fixed by the patch. My family tree is still fckd up. One sibling sim is missing altogether and all sibling sims created without parents are not related anymore. Will probably make a separate post about this as it seems to not be related.

This sounds more like a culling issue. More like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Dead-Sims-being-culled-although-still-ghosts/td-p... ?

Do you have a really big tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 84 (836 Views)

Hero

@Misiozel wrote:
Yup, not fixed at all. "Dead" sims still come back. Also I see no option to release the spirit on the gravestone/urn.

What do you mean by come back ? Do they still show alive in your family tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 84 (834 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes, I have a big tree, "broad", like many families joined together, and at maximum 7 generations deep I think (around 130 living playable sims atm). But I have only found one sim that has completely disappeared. A third generation woman that is not visible among her siblings, but is visible as a no-name avatar in her own family line(i.e. Her husband is married to no-name, empty avatar). That line of the family is thus cut of from the rest.

The other problem is the siblings that are created without parents. These sims no longer have a relationship in the family tree - i.e. Now have separate family lines. Looked at several sibling pairs and all I have found have this issue. You can't see that they have ever had a sibling (no empty avatars, just a single sim.)

Thus it could be related to culling, but the oldest sims are still visible, and only one have disappeared from what I can see.
Message 80 of 84 (826 Views)