Re: Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

by VraieEsprit

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

If ones with graves are now coming back to life, we have an even bigger problem :/ I hope it isn't going to progress down that route though I have to admit that I've been worried that it will...

Really hope we get a fix for this soon. We all need our sim dead to stay dead :/

Message 31 of 84 (1,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Agree 100%. I consider this one of the bigger bugs which really have the potential to break your game... especially since I actually get game-generated error codes when trying to load these undead Sims. I tweeted @SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin about it and I really hope they'll read & respond. I've never had these error codes before, so I consider this a pretty big deal. 

Edit: So DON'T attempt to play these undead Sims because it will cause a game error code and bring you back to manage households! Also, I evicted the undead dude after placing him onto an empty lot to attempt to play, and that doesn't appear to be a problem. So to the user who mentioned being afraid of evicting, you can safely evict these Sims. Just don't try to load their households. This from what experienced myself.

Message 32 of 84 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, this glitch is really driving me crazy.

Whenever a sim dies, they generate a household for that one dead sim. I have well over 50 sims dead and that means 50 households being created under the Other Household tabs, and every time I try to load that tab, my computer literally can't take it and hangs, which sucks. Moreover, when I want to view ACTUAL families that I don't play, I have to scroll through countless of "already dead" sims who are alive. Worse thing is that, I use the MCCommandCenter mod, and one of the ghosts have even shifted into someone else's household and became an alive sim's spouse! Now I don't even dare to break their relationship, in fear of the game breaking. Lol.

I really do hope they can fix this ASAP, I mean it's a neat idea to show dead sims, but not under "Other household", maybe under another tab for Dead sims.

Message 33 of 84 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Pangyuyong has exactly my issue! Even sims who DO have tombstones and regularly come out of them are their own little undead household, and I hate it. I don't want to stop playing, but this combined with all the other bugs (most frustrating for me being removing the ability to buy career unlocks from one career once you've changed your career and left the lot, or deleting all of my sims' stats whenever I go to the park and come back or something) might make me put my games on hold till the patch where things are hopefully made a bit more stable!
Message 34 of 84 (1,413 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@pangyuyongI think the general advice with mods is if they are making an issue worse, it's better to remove them or deactivate them till the problem is fixed. Also we need to really know if the issues are there without mods in the game because some of us play without mods and the devs need to know what the flaw is that their game is creating rather than the things mods are adding to that problem? It sounds like in your case those are making the situation a lot worse.

@Fierandethanks for the tip about the eviction. The house had seemed ok as a crime scene so I thought it probably would be, but I haven't tried to evict him yet. I sort of worry I suppose that if I do, someone else might appear there and it might get worse. But it's worth knowing for the future if I need that house...

Aside from testing what happened when Kiora first appeared and not being able to load the house, I haven't meddled at all in my undead sims or tried to load them. It reminds me of things from TS2 past, with sims losing all their traits and becoming half sims as they've been severed from the game somehow but not completely eradicated. I am sure this is what is happening here. The delete/cull function is not working as it should, so these sims don't know they're dead but also don't have enough stuff left in their coding to know they're alive. The game can't load them and so we get error messages.

Definitely definitely nobody should try to play any undead sims in case it has bigger repercussions for the game overall. And if you're having this bug and have mods that seem to be making it worse, take out the mods for now until the problem is fixed. It would be horrible if anyone lost their game file because of this bug going out of control...

Message 35 of 84 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Novice

@VraieEsprit I'm very sure that this problem exists even without mods. I've played this patch even without mods and they still generate a new household for a dead Sim. The fact the mod's story progression allow these dead sims to have marry etc. shows that the mod actually recognises the dead-alive as a "normal sim".

Message 36 of 84 (1,401 Views)

★ Guide

I tweeted SimGuruNick about it and he replied asking if I had MCCC and if not, to send my save files. I do have MCCC, but I went on Discord beforehand and Deaderpool assured me it was an EA bug and not caused by MCCC - told him this, and he accepted my save file. I suggest you do the same and approach the SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin on Twitter, especially if you have these undead Sims because that seems like a very serious issue. 

If you have MCCC, I suggest you change the number of Open Houses under the MC Population module (if you have this module) to a very high number. I did this, and this leads to no homeless Sims moving into lots. It's sucky if you actually like that feature, but I think it's better than to have these undead Sims in lots. Also, it's very disconcerting to me that MCCC is apparently marrying these undead Sims to others, because I wasn't able to load households that contained the undead Sims... am thinking of temporarily changing the marriage setting in that case, because I'm really afraid of losing any of my unplayed but precious Sims because they're married to one of those undead Sims... whom I don't want to delete because then I'd lose them in my family tree.

For those who have the undead Sim problem, do you have MCCC? It probably isn't caused by MCCC but I just want to be entirely sure because this is a nasty bug and if it is actually caused by a mod I'd much rather just delete it, even one as precious as MCCC. 

Message 37 of 84 (1,392 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Fierande I'm pretty sure you can stop the filling of households with homeless Sims under 'gameplay' in the options menu. 

I also have MCCC and asked Deaderpool about it.  Initially I thought it was MCCC conflicting with the new culling options from the C&D patch, but Deaderpool said that MCCC will override EA's option no matter what option is selected.  I now have MCCC's culling option switched off and have EA's culling option on, but I'm still having the issue.  At this stage I'm just leaving the ghosts in the 'other household' section.

Message 38 of 84 (1,374 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah you can but I'm pretty sure that I had Fill Empty Homes turned off in the menu and MCCC settings that populate empty lots overrode EA's setting. Not entirely sure though. I currently have fill empty homes turned on but the number is very high in MCCC so I have nobody moving into empty lots even with EA's setting turned on, which I'm perfectly okay with. Standard smile

Message 39 of 84 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem for weeks now since the last patch. Any of my sims who die don't show up as dead on the family tree. I can also interact with the 'dead' sims i.e. invite them to hangout at current lot and send text or chat etc. from the relationships panel which is really annoying because they basically are still alive. They all have urns/tombstones that show up when they die on an active lot, I couldn't comment on what happens when they die off an active lot as I have auto-aging turned off for all of my active households. I also haven't tried re-adding them to a household or anything like that because I don't wanna risk breaking the game.

Are there any updates on this yet???

Message 40 of 84 (1,357 Views)