Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions. All game packs. All stuff packs expect toddlers and fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the last updates (15th November), the sims appear dead in the familytree before they released to the netherworld through the urn/tombstone. BUT they appear alive in the familytree after they released to the netherworld and leaving the game or returning to the neighborhood screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dead sims appear alive in the familytree, after they released to the netherworld and returning to the neighborhood screen.
What do you expect to see? the dead sims should remains dead in the family tree, also after they released to the netherworld...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After the last update, EVERY dead sim released to the netherworld appear alive in the familytree...

Message 1 of 84 (8,272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

Hero

• Deceased Sims that have been released to the netherworld will no longer appear alive in the family tree.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.39.74

I however do not know if affected Sims will be fixed or not. They might still look alive. Feedback on that is welcome.

You should not get any new ones though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 67 of 84 (7,309 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dead Sims look alive in the familytree

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @skoliro90

are these Sims that died/released to netherworld before or after the patch ? Does the same occur for newly dead Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 84 (8,140 Views)

Hero

Nudging above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 84 (8,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Only the sims died/released to netherworld AFTER the patch. No problems with dead sims released to netherworld before the patch. 

Message 4 of 84 (8,122 Views)

Hero

Guess I will need to kill of some Sims (:D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 84 (8,112 Views)

Hero

Haven't had a chance to test .. nudge above bookmark.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 84 (8,047 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank goodness someone opened a thread on this because I still for whatever reason cannot write fresh bug reports here so am mostly having to put up with bugs that nobody else has reported :'( I have no mods, no custom content, my game is fully patched and I just tried repairing it and the problem didn't change, so this is to do with in game mechanics somehow.

This is happening in my game but it's not sims released to the netherworld exactly. It's got a weird and disturbing symptom in my game because one of the 'dead' moved into a house in my neighbourhood. He did this as a ghost. I didn't have this happen when I patched the game but when I installed Get To Work which I bought in the sale yesterday. Since then when I load the neighbourhood the dead ghost sim who moved into the house showed up as alive but away from his home. Clicking on the home demonstrates that the sim is glitched like crazy because there is no aspiration. It's essentially an undead shell of a sim. That house is glitched now and won't open, I daren't try to evict him incase I implode the game completely. Image:

kiora.png

I think this is still to do with the patch and the fact that gravestones are now generated - those without gravestones are now showing up on my family trees with living avatars although as yet only Kiora has turned up in a house. However this is proving a gradual process.

Yesterday, on one Sim's family tree:

tree1.png

Everyone above third generation should be dead as they died of old age. Juliet and her husband are however showing up alive and so is Juliet's mother while her father still remains dead. BUT today, on a related sim's family tree showing the same pathway, it also showed Juliet's father as alive.

None of the dead have been released by me to the underworld but all died when I wasn't at their lot, so none have graves.

Added to this, in exploring Get to Work for the first time, the witnesses in my crimes are predominately ghosts of sims who do have graves, rather than living people.

Something weird is still going on with the way this game recognises death. I haven't released any sim spirits to the netherworld but sims who died on lots before there were graves I think are probably being sent there by the game because of the new settings from the patch. And so it is probably related to the netherworld release but it affects how the game does it automatically as well as a person doing it manually.

This is bugging my main family's family tree and Kiora bugging a house in my neighbourhood makes me worried about whether there will be an invasion of the actually not-dead to further bug my game each time I play :/ I just had a few messages telling me about sim spirits fading out - I guess that they will probably be the next 'undead' in the equation.

Message 7 of 84 (8,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue as you.  Not only are my Sims gradually coming back to life, but they're crazy bugged and appearing as alive, traitless, and nameless in the 'other household' section of manage households.

I think that these Sims are ghosts that the game is trying to permanently delete, but can't for some reason.  I only think this because they have their some of their data wiped.

Message 8 of 84 (7,999 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think  so. I thought it was related to the gravestones not spawning but I just had a sim whose death was in progress when I and my sim returned to the lot and she has no grave. Her husband died soon after and his grave was there, but not hers. Still don't know where it is but worried about the fact this is spreading.

Most all of my dead sims now show up as elders in the family trees. I don't have any in unplayed or played houses thank goodness, just Kiora IN the house that I screencaptured. I do worry about them spawning downtown or something and glitching up the game.

I also think it's an issue with the game trying to delete them but somehow failing. And I do think it affects sims without graves predominately, as the game is now set up to spawn graves, making it logical that if there is no grave on the lot, the game thinks the sim is alive. Trouble is, because the sim already died, all its data is gone...and so it is stuck in limbo. Like Kiora. :/

Message 9 of 84 (7,923 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would suggest not playing with these zombie Sims and changing your settings so that the game doesn't auto populate lots.

Even though these Sims look alive, playing around with them might break something if this issue was to be patched.

Message 10 of 84 (7,902 Views)