Re: [TO ADD] Dark form, CAS is broken

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dark form, CAS is broken

★★★★ Pro

I have this bug now, too - one of my vampire sims suddenly lost his dark form, probably because I had changed his toddler's outfit in the mirror. While I tried to restore his dark form via "change sim", his spouse lost his dark form in CAS, too. I was finally able to recreate their dark forms simultaneously in one session via "change sim".

The dark form/ alien disguise bugs and the stereo bug seem to be sort of fluid - one day a workaround works, the other day it fails.

Message 11 of 20 (1,913 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all talking about vampires, i have a teen vampire who is already a grand master since the patch he has lost all his powers, he has lost the ability to change into his dark form, cant even do dark mediation, when i click on a human sim for him to feed it only comes up with the feed options compel for small drink, deep drink and drain life spirit i and he cant even travel as mist or bat form any more he has to walk every where is any one else experience this 

Message 12 of 20 (1,894 Views)

Hero

Sounds very different from the issue of this thread

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (1,889 Views)

Hero

Could anyone test if this is also fixed with today's patch ?

@NoahLGP @alanmichael1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,859 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @crinrict

I made a quick test with my vampire family and so far it looks good! I sent them to CAS via mirror and Manage World, with or without dark form, changed some clothes and quit CAS. The dark forms stayed in all cases as they should. If I encounter more bugs, I will report.

Message 15 of 20 (11,957 Views)

Hero

Two positives then (one on twitter) so far.

I'm also marking this as solved then (for now, feel free to comment if it's not)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (1,844 Views)

★ Novice

I have encountered the same problem. My sims is stuck in dark form and I can’t get her out of it. All of a sudden the dark form and the normal sims are the same (dark form). I want her out of it as she is filled with scares that I can’t get rid of. Is there any solution to this problem? It happened when I tried to change her clothes.

This happened around the 17th of June 219. 

I think there was an update or something, she can also no longer do dark meditation, and that all happened the same day, when the game updated. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Message 17 of 20 (1,566 Views)

Hero
@katja8370 This has been fixed a while ago.

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? Dark Meditation has it's own thread. Please check the list for that.

The dark form is now linked to human form with that link symbol. Unlink them to change only one form. I'm unsure if you're reporting that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (1,551 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I can't get my sim back to looking normal. It doesn't matter if I link the modes or not because the Dark Mode is the face on both. I tried looking for a work around through the thread. But I couldn't find where that thread talked about it. It just mentioned something about a work around. Please if there is a patch for this let me know. I saw during the thread that they mentioned that there might have been a patch to fix this, but it didn't mention what the patch was called or where to get it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 19 of 20 (1,114 Views)

Hero
@WarmandCozy744 This is a really old thread that was fixed at the time.

Please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (1,112 Views)