Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Write and Publish Research Paper on computer disappears

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: - Discover University - Get Famous - Cats and Dogs - Get Together - Get to Work Game Packs - Parenthood - Spa Day Stuff Packs - Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open any pre-made family or create a new one and place in a lot 2. Using testingcheats to give a sim level 10 skill in "Research and Debate" and "Logic" skills 3. Place a computer in the world 4. Have the sim use the computer to "Write a Research Paper..." "on Logic" 5. After the sim starts writing the paper (about a quarter of the way through) cancel that action 6. Try and get the sim to use the computer again, you should see that the "Write a Research Paper" option has completely vanished and cannot be accessed
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to get my Sim to use the computer/laptop to "Write and Publish a Research Paper..." "on Logic", if I cancel the action before the paper is fully complete, I can no longer access the "Write and Publish a Research Paper..." option on that sim ever again. I can create new sims in that household, and those sims can access that option on the exact same computer, but the sim who started and didn't finish the paper cannot access it ever.
What do you expect to see? The Sim who cancelled the action "Write and Publish and Research Paper..." "on Logic" will no longer be able to see the option to "Write and Publish a Research Paper..." ever again on any computer/laptop/lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I try to get my Sim to use the computer/laptop to "Write and Publish a Research Paper..." "on Logic", if I cancel the action before the paper is fully complete, I can no longer access the "Write and Publish a Research Paper..." option on that sim ever again. I can create new sims in that household, and those sims can access that option on the exact same computer, but the sim who started and didn't finish the paper cannot access it ever. This bug does not appear to happen with other types of papers, just the logic one.

Exclusive to the Discover University pack as this is the pack that unlocks this action on the computer/laptop.

Message 1 of 11 (6,861 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Write and Publish Research Paper on computer disappears

Hero

Fixed an issue in which the Write and Publish Research Paper interaction would disappear from the options if it was cancelled midway. I mean, I understand rage quitting something but not to the point of my options to do it disappearing…amirite?

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (4,685 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Write and Publish Research Paper on computer disappears

★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me when my sims computer broke during the process of writing a Logic paper, after she fixed the computer the option to write any research papers is gone, have even tried buying new computers. Please fix this!

Message 2 of 11 (6,744 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Aerie0 yes! My sims was writing a research paper on logic, and I cancelled the interaction because he had to go to work. After the sim came home I tried to resume the research paper on logic, but the interaction write a research paper was nowhere to be found. Please help this was my super sim!
Message 3 of 11 (6,638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happens to me if i cancel action or if computer breaks during action, doesn't matter which skill I'm writing. The option disappears for that sim on any computer they try after it happens. 

Message 4 of 11 (6,594 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Write and Publish Research Paper on computer disappears

★ Novice

Just happened to my sim when the laptop broke as she typed the paper. I tried resetting the sim and the game but nothing is working it’s gone forever 

Message 5 of 11 (6,268 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I checked and the same thing happens to my Sim, with level 8 R&D and level 6 Logic. I did make a save just before I checked this and reloading the save did put the interaction back on his menu.

Message 6 of 11 (6,257 Views)

★★ Novice

I am experiencing a similar issue. The laptop didn't break, but after writing and publishing a research paper on Logic, the option has disappeared from any computer or laptop that I click on. 

Message 7 of 11 (6,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@masterandcaptain same here. Please fix this...
Message 8 of 11 (5,993 Views)

★ Novice

Most of these posts are from a few months ago but I'm still having this issue... anybody else too? Any known fix yet?

Message 9 of 11 (4,475 Views)

Hero
@emmakg61998 It's still an open issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (4,430 Views)