[FIXED] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

by Costa

Original Post

Re: Can't enhance bot

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This worked for me.  Shift click on the work bench and select spawn crafting supplies then put ur bot on the bench and select enhance.  And u get free crafting supplies by doing this

Message 11 of 30 (2,495 Views)

Re: Can't enhance bot

★★★ Guide
@computer1101 It worked for me too. Thank you very much.
Anyway i have the game in Italian language and the cheats are white. When i do shift click i have 3 cheats and 2 are white. Please can you show me the text of both?
Message 12 of 30 (2,468 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

★★ Guide

I've had the same experience with canceled Bot upgrade and disappearing parts. But an easy workaround is to build and double up the amount of parts used for the upgrade, Mechanisms and Computer Chips, and the upgrade follows through. Appearently there's is a deviation between the parts You're told to have, and the parts You need to have ready.

Message 13 of 30 (2,458 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same issue. Upgrade parts are in my inventory, it uses the parts and does not upgrade the robot. I can't find any solutions online. There have been no updates. No word from EA. I'm so tired of this, every expansion I have an issue that stops me from playing. I spent 40 dollars on this game, why is it impossible for EA to care about it's customers after release? I'm contacting support for a refund.

Message 14 of 30 (2,376 Views)

★★ Novice

The robot or the utili bot?

Message 15 of 30 (2,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@CrizbeeX wrote:

I can't find any solutions online. There have been no updates. No word from EA. I'm so tired of this, every expansion I have an issue that stops me from playing. I spent 40 dollars on this game, why is it impossible for EA to care about it's customers after release? I'm contacting support for a refund.

I've come with an easy enough  workaround.. Another guy/gal earlier in this thread have too. Double up the amount of Mechanisms and Computerchips in Your inventory first at least, and try it again. I know It's frustrating, haven't my self, experienced that many bugs in my Sims playing history before with an Update/ Expansion (Going from Sims and through 2-3-4). But I´m trying to chill.. Game Developers looks at ones and zero's.. They don't often play the finished game, with an ordinary pc, like we do, with different settings and CC/Mods. Sh*t happens?
Message 16 of 30 (2,306 Views)

service bots won't be upgradet but materials used up.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, All GP, lot of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? i try to upgrade a service bot, (i produced the necessary materials beforehand), i click to upgrade. the materials vanish right away, the sim is not performing an action, it's just instant using up the material. thats it. the service bot level is not changing, the action does not count for the university-bot-club thingy
What do you expect to see? i expect my sim to perform a building action, i expect some change in the service bot (upgrade level changeing, it is and was 4 all the time i guess. if this is the maximum, which i dont think it is, i want my materials not to be uesed up and an information that the service bot is maxed), i want it to count for the uni-bot-club-thingy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i try to upgrade a service bot, (i produced the necessary materials beforehand), i click to upgrade. the materials vanish right away, the sim is not performing an action, it's just instant using up the material. thats it. the service bot level is not changing, the action does not count for the university-bot-club thingy

i expect my sim to perform a building action, i expect some change in the service bot (upgrade level changeing, it is and was 4 all the time i guess. if this is the maximum, which i dont think it is, i want my materials not to be used up and an information that the service bot is maxed), i want it to count for the uni-bot-club-thingy.  or just anything.

i have not played with the bots much, it's the first service bot i made (a gardening bot), so i'm not very sure what exactly to expect, but more than nothing and just using up materials with no effect.

i would like to have more information how this bot stuff works within the game. 

edit:  i have only the Zero_RoM_DontTurnNPCsIntoSpellcasters mod installed. no other CC or mods.  and yes, the robot building sim is a spellcaster

Message 17 of 30 (2,209 Views)

Cannot upgrade utility bot/ parts disappear from inventory

★★★ Novice

I have a sim living in the 19 Culpepper apartments and working on the robotics skill. On two separate occasions, on two different loads of the same file, the items required to upgrade the cleaning utility bot will disappear instantly and nothing would happen. My sim does not work on the bot at all after selecting the option to upgrade the cleaning bot on the robotics table; just the necessary parts to do the job will disappear from my sims inventory. I do not currently have any mods installed and do not use CC. I did not cheat the items into the inventory either. My sim spent an entire game season and all of her free time to collect them legitimately on two separate occasions. I do have the robotics bench in front of the mouse hole in the bedroom connected to the patio with the bb.moveobjects on cheat if that makes any difference. 

Message 18 of 30 (2,165 Views)

Re: Cannot upgrade utility bot/ parts disappear from inventory

Hero
@amygamie I merged your post with existing bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 30 (2,146 Views)

Utili-bots don't upgrade but consume parts still.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous. Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade the Cleaner Utili-bot
What happens when the bug occurs? The upgrade level does not go up, and it still consumes parts. There is also no animation for the upgrade, it instantly happens.
What do you expect to see? The upgrade level to increase
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is as the title says.

EDIT: It happens when the Robo arm is on,

Message 20 of 30 (2,040 Views)