Re: [FIXED] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

by kriggin1

Original Post

Re: Utili-bots don't upgrade but consume parts still.

Hero
@Decinomicon Merged your post with existing report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 30 (968 Views)

★ Pro

Before I check 62 interaction files, is cleaning the only broken upgrade option? And as for enhancing: Which levels? Is/was your sim senior member of the bot savants? Do you use the work bench to enhance your bot?

Message 22 of 30 (957 Views)

★★ Guide

@kusurusu wrote:

Before I check 62 interaction files, is cleaning the only broken upgrade option? And as for enhancing: Which levels? Is/was your sim senior member of the bot savants? Do you use the work bench to enhance your bot?

I'm actually not sure if it's a real bug, or a misinformation issue in the game. A couple of more spare mechanic parts and computerchips, than mentioned on the Bots "recipe", in the Sims inventory, and my upgrades follow through. I've only tried upgrade on Cleaning and Party Bot, both same issue. My Sims was level 10 in Robotics, and neither a Bot Savant at the time. I've used the Robotics Workbench.

Message 23 of 30 (943 Views)

★ Pro

The interaction you're selecting has another one as its outcome (and both use their own required ingredient list). Furthermore, the second interaction (unlike the first one) can only be performed if commodity_Bots_Enhancement is in the required range (e.g. 9.5-10.9 for level 1 to 2) - this might explain why enhancing gets aborted.

Message 24 of 30 (935 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Enhancing Utility Bots would get cancelled inappropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (7,263 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I confirm, it's fixed and if you don't see the upgrade option appear, activate the Utili-bot for a while and put it on the station.

Have fun ^^.

Message 26 of 30 (886 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this falls under the same topic but my sim won't continue tinkering at the robotics station if I switch to a different sim while he's doing it. As soon as I switch to a different sim, he cancels the action and does something else. This just started happening yesterday. Before that I had no issues with this. 

Message 27 of 30 (756 Views)

Hero
@kriggin1 No, that's not the same.

This is also fixed.

There's a few things that seems to distract Sims: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-CD-Pets-distracting-from-robotics-station/td-p/...

If that's not your issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 30 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I have an issue with servo not being able to be enhanced. I’m at the max level of the skill and have more than enough parts for the enhancement. The options remains grayed out. The amount of parts also change if you hover over the option to enhance the servo. I’m not sure if anyone has any tips on this working.

Message 29 of 30 (427 Views)

Hero
@QuietStormSimmer This was fixed a while ago.

Please make a new thread if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (414 Views)