Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to do an upgrade clean robot (university robot)
What happens when the bug occurs? the sim start to make the upgrade then stop it and the materials gone. The robot is still level 3
What do you expect to see? make the upgrade
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened 3 times for me. There is no tips for the upgrade so i don't know what does it should do?

Message 1 of 30 (7,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Enhancing Utility Bots would get cancelled inappropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 30 (7,265 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Upgrading robot gets cancelled

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Got the same issue.

Message 2 of 30 (7,861 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me, I can't upgrade the robot, it's level 1 and all the materials disappear. I hope they fix it soon.

Message 3 of 30 (7,833 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Trying to upgrade lvl 1 clean bot. I lose 2 mechanisms every time I try and upgrade just cancels itself and nothing happens. I reloaded my game, and then dismantled the bot. Rebuilt it, and then it started working again.

Message 4 of 30 (7,799 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict at least i am not only one with this problem

Message 5 of 30 (7,782 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I tested this. I levelled up a sim to level 9 Robotics skill and made a Cleaner-Bot. It came out at Upgrade level 3. I then tried the pie menu option to Enhance it, with the required amount of items in the sim's personal inventory. The interaction was interrupted and fell out of the queue. When my sim had more than the, according to the tooltip, required items in the inventory, the Enhancement started and followed through.

Depending on the upgrade level of the Cleaner-Bot it seems the game takes double/more than 1x the number of each required item for the upgrade. The short animation that goes with it (before the whole animation of banging a hammer on robot and head starts) looks like it plays twice as well. So if there is not enough of each item in the inventory when starting the Enhancement interaction; the items are still taken, but the interaction interrupted.

Picture to make it clear: amount of each items in inventory pre upgrade (to level 10):

Pre upgrade to level 10.png

Amount of items in inventory post successful upgrade:

Post upgrade to level 10.png

After being upgraded to level 10 there was no option on the robot to Enhance it further.

Message 6 of 30 (7,760 Views)

★ Pro

Same problem.

My Sim never completes the task. She starts to "enhance" the bot then gets distracted by another task. This uses up all he parts and there is no "resume" for this task. I've tried giving her no other tasks as well as stacking tasks, either way she abandons the "enhance" task and my parts disappear.

Message 7 of 30 (7,714 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. So far Servo seems to upgrade and it's only the utility bots (party, fixer, gardener and cleaner)

It's... frustrating... since you can't buy or clone mechanisms or computer chips.

Message 8 of 30 (7,595 Views)

Can't enhance bot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, island living, cats and dogs, get famous, city living, seasons, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Laundry day, kids room, movie hangout, vintage glamour, backyard, university, realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to enhance a cleaning-bot
What happens when the bug occurs? While trying to enhance your bot the parts you need for upgrading will disappear and the bot will stay un-upgraded
What do you expect to see? The bot upgraded
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to enhance my bot for the savant-club but the (upgrade) parts disappear when trying to be used and the bot stays not upgraded.

Message 9 of 30 (7,570 Views)

Re: Can't enhance bot

Hero
@svealinn Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (7,561 Views)