Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

by Amethyst

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you ever get a solution to your problem? Because I’m having the same problem. 

Message 111 of 182 (2,263 Views)

★★ Guide

There isn't an in-game solution apart from rolling back to a save where they did have it or withdrawing from the term, from what I've seen.  Withdrawing doesn't hurt their GPA, so when I got stuck I immediately pulled my sim outta classes for the term lol.  To avoid experiencing difficulties, there's a quick guide I follow:

1. have the sims enrolling be active sims/on the active lot with you when you enroll them
  2. complete the presentation as soon as you get it.
  3. give the presentation as soon as possible.  

If they are at the university campus DO NOT let them go to class with it in their inventory.  I put it on the commons lot while they were in class, and then have them give their presentation.  From playtesting, if you live Off-Campus there is no harm in letting them travel with the presentation board, only if they are on campus and go into the class building are there issues.  

Hopefully they address this issue soon, because it is very troublesome.

Message 112 of 182 (2,245 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@verfens Thanks for the answer.
Message 113 of 182 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There is a mod that fixes the problem, really simple and worked perfectly, here:

<Edited by CM to remove link to modded content> 

Edited to add information:

Just make sure to use a computer, not the phone, in order to get back the board.

The mod is named 'Get Back Your Presentation Board', by RevyRei, and can be found at Mod the Sims.

Message 114 of 182 (2,178 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having this problem. 

Message 115 of 182 (2,081 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are there any sims in dorms on the University Campus, that may be the problem there, as student housing has no family inventory and if your board is on the street, it puts the board in family inventory. Its a active street you know. Also If you leave the lot the board goes into your sims inventory when you get home. Or the last active sim that left the lot, if sim is at work or here the inventory is disabled board goes to family inventory if can't find a sim.

Also make sure the sims you want to keep everything is in the proper my household tab, tooltip reads, Player created, Played or Unplayed households.  Game is not allowed to delete nothing in my household tab.

Other household tooltip reads, Sims within this household may loose progress info such as skill level relations, etc, which may mean University items too.  I am just curious if that solves the problem.. 

Message 116 of 182 (2,068 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My Sim needs a presentation board but was not given one either. Frown

Message 117 of 182 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Essyllt wrote:

There is a mod that fixes the problem, really simple and worked perfectly, here:

<Edited by CM to remove link to modded content> 

Just make sure to use the computer, not the phone.

@Essyllt I just got that mod, and it's amazing. Total game changer lol It worked perfectly!

Message 118 of 182 (1,821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim is doing a computer science distinguished degree and for one of his last courses, (Relating to Robotics), I don't have a board in my inventory. I might have got one before I'm not sure, the reason for that is I noticed everything in his inventory except a soccer ball, the uni acceptance letter and his robotic arm got deleted, his homework along with crystals, metals, robots, upgrade parts, computer chips and mechanisms etc, everything gone along with the board he might have had.

So I believe it might not have to do with the board itself and more a bug that deletes things in the sims inventory, so now I don't have a board to finish the course. I know he travelled a lot between him enrolling for the last semester and me checking the inventory (but he did during other semesters as well). It might have to do with glimmerbrook as he went there with a spellcaster sim via the transportable spell, I know that after that it was definitely gone but it might have disappeared even earlier than that. 

Message 119 of 182 (1,631 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have gotten it a couple of times for NPC sims and when my sim isn't even enrolled.

Message 120 of 182 (1,600 Views)