Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

<Edited by CM to remove link to modded content> 

Message 101 of 182 (1,792 Views)

★ Novice
@hubosa My sim had finished their presentation board and I changed the lot and the board was lost. Cannot figure out how to get it back, I’ve tried everything :/
Message 102 of 182 (1,731 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★ Novice

My board as well as my inventory keeps disappearing. I've removed mods, still happening, this sucks. 

Message 103 of 182 (1,447 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My work book also vanished but you can buy one from a bookshelf or if u have multiple sims in the university they can share ... i also lost my presentation board and I'm having issues that my students wont go to class automatically now ... they were getting the go to class bubble but now time just goes by and they don't go ... Frown ... my sims GPA is a C and ones on probation... my luck they all flunk out

Message 104 of 182 (1,426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I still have this issue (No Presentation board) after the patch.

Clean game (No CC etc) but an existing save as it's hard to generate this defect.

Message 105 of 182 (1,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, me too - never received one when signing up for a new term. An easy fix would be to allow us to purchase a new board at the university stands on campus.

Message 106 of 182 (1,272 Views)

★★ Guide

as a quick question @ahaze8, was the sim you were signing up the term for the active sim as you were signing up?  Were you on your home lot?  Was the sim signing up for the term on the active lot period?  I've noticed that the surefire way to have one never be in your sims inventory is when you sign up for term and the sim you're signing up isn't on the lot with you.  

In my playtesting, the best way to make sure you get one is to be on your home lot when you sign up for classes, and make sure the sim signing up for classes is there.  You're almost guaranteed to lose it otherwise.  Furthermore, going to class with it in your inventory will result in it disappearing.  So i usually just make my sims do the presentation like the first day of term lol.  Can't lose it when they've already completed it!

Message 107 of 182 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am having this issue also, which I actually realized about 10 minutes ago. 3 of my Sims had to give presentations. They each had a presentation board in their inventory, and I had 2 of them take the boards out of their inventories to work on them. I was able to perform all normal actions regarding the board (refine & organize, practice presenting, receive feedback, etc). 1 Sim completed his presentation board, so I put that back into his inventory. The other Sim left his out in the hallway so he could finish later. The next Sim day (not sure when exactly) I went to have my Sim work on his board that was in the hallway, and it was gone. I remembered this bug so I checked the other Sim's inventory, and his board was gone too. Oddly the Sim who didn't work on his board at all also had it disappear from his inventory. They must have all disappeared at the same time. I honestly did not even notice the board disappear from the hallway. It was really weird, I just went to click on it and it was gone. I am really hoping that if I have them do all their homework and study super hard for their classes that require a presentation then they won't fail, but....wishful thinking maybe.

Message 108 of 182 (1,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have never lost a board "mid-term" but I also attest to the getting it out of the way early approach.

With this single sim I am up to my 9th full degree and had this happen twice. Once at the beginning (starting from home but attending college) and the second when re-upping mid degree. 

The studying like a Trogan and checking in via e-mail seems to be a good work around.  Next semester has given a new board again in both instances.

Message 109 of 182 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Guide

@verfens wrote:

Furthermore, going to class with it in your inventory will result in it disappearing.  So i usually just make my sims do the presentation like the first day of term lol.  Can't lose it when they've already completed it!

So you've experienced the board disappearing when it's in your Sim's inventory when they go to class? Have you noticed if it also happens if you immediately take it out of their inventory, keep it out, and have them go to class? I'm going to test and see if I can pinpoint at what point during the semester the boards disappear..like is it after the 1st class, 2nd class etc....although I'm not sure that matters. My Sims are almost done with their current semester, so I'll see what happens when they re-enroll. But yeah I agree that for now the best thing to do is have them do the presentation on the first day lol

Message 110 of 182 (1,198 Views)