by SassyCassy420

Original Post

University Presentation Board Missing?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, and Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll in a class that requires a presentation board
What happens when the bug occurs? The presentation board that is required to get a good grade in the class is not in my sim's inventory or any of the other places I've placed it. Also, her homework and bike are missing, but those are replaceable.
What do you expect to see? The board,homework, and bike in my sim's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I had the board placed in my dorm, but I remember putting it back in my sim's inventory to prepare for a party.  I don't remember leaving the homework anywhere, and it would have never left the inventory.  Also, I have another sim in the household, and she still has her board (I know it's not the missing one because they were different colors.  If there is even a way to buy a new board, that would be as good a fix as I need, but I've checked the kiosk on campus, build/buy mode, and bookshelves (where I bought the homework back).  I have also already played a term and successfully presented with a board with this sim, so this issue has only happened once.

Message 61 of 182 (3,867 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★★ Novice

Me too I’m so sad!!! It’s happened multiple times now. I wanna cry

Message 62 of 182 (3,745 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★★★ Novice

I didnt have this problem until the update 25 november. Before the update it was fine and now Im having the same problems... restart the game didnt help for me..

Message 63 of 182 (3,709 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Presentation Board is missing Options do presentation

★★★★ Novice

My Sim is doing a distinguished psychology degree and has his second term now (course credits 3 of 12). He is required to give a presentation for "Pondering Personalities" but there is no presentation board in his inventory :/ Now I'm also worried he's going to lose his A+ GPA.

Message 64 of 182 (3,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I found a bit of a workaround if you have this bug:  if you download the UI Cheat extension mod, it allows you to right-click on the task and it will mark as done.  For me, it took a couple clicks to stay, so make sure it's still marked as done before the end of the term!  My sims were able to maintain their GPA using this workaround.

[edited by CM] EA_Charlie Linking to mod sites is not allowed on AHQ

Message 65 of 182 (3,645 Views)

★ Novice

@heidiixoxothanks for mentioning the cheat mod, worked for me.  Had to click multiple times on the task for it to clear.

For me, the bug happened when I had my dorm split up for a holiday.  The end of term/new term sign ups occured when everybody but two people were not being controlled.  Everyone who was on a different lot didn't get their board but the one person who I was controlling who needed a board got one.  I went back to keep everyone home for new term sign ups, this time everyone got their board as needed.

Message 66 of 182 (3,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Darnellcotez for the homework you can buy it in a bookshelf
Message 67 of 182 (3,420 Views)

★★ Novice

The university homework you can buy from a bookshelf! Wish it were the same with these darn presentation boards

Message 68 of 182 (3,295 Views)

★★★ Novice

One of my sims didn't get a presentation board after starting a new term.

Message 69 of 182 (3,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok yall so I found a solution! Cheats are involved but nevertheless!

all I did was using testing cheats true

Held shift and clicked onto a random sim that was also a student. And added them to my family. If they had a presentation board in the inventory I would move it to my sims inventory and then Shift+Left click on that same sim to delete them from my family 🤷🏻‍♀️ problem solvedStandard smile

Message 70 of 182 (3,138 Views)