Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

by babajayne

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I got a notification that says, “Now that the term is over, this old term presentation has been thrown out.” But this was towards the beginning of their second term. I wasn’t playing them during their first term. Angela needs a presentation board for her current class and now she doesn’t have one in her inventory.

Message 21 of 182 (31,174 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★ Novice
@home8896 Did that help at all with the issue? I really love my sim that I made for this specific pack, and really don't want to have to remake her.
Message 22 of 182 (31,133 Views)

★★ Novice

You can purchase another University homework book by going to any bookcase and purchasing it just like homework books for grade school and high school homework.

Message 23 of 182 (31,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@home8896If you shift-click your sim with testingcheats on, you have a university debug menu where you can insta-enroll your sims, skipping waiting times. I'm not 100% if this is a base game thing or if it comes with Weerbesu's UI cheats, because I have that installed now. But that might help while you're trying to get around this stupid bug Standard smile

[CM Edit: Removed mod link]

Message 24 of 182 (31,114 Views)

★★★ Novice
@home8896 Same here! So annoying.
Message 25 of 182 (31,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This issue has occurred to me as well with the 2nd term; it seems it happens when a Sim concludes their term when they are off the map and do not have access to their inventory.

Whenever the term ends and your Sim is accessible and on the map, the Term Presentation board spawns in their inventory with no issues. The board does NOT spawn when the following occurs:

- The Sim who is supposed to get the Presentation is off the lot. (Inventory not accessible)

- The Sim who is supposed to get the Presentation is at work. (Inventory not accessible)

- The Sim who is supposed to get the Presentation is in a rabbit hole or inaccessible state. (Odd Jobs, Circus, Concert, etc; Inventory not Accessible.)

- The Sim who is supposed to get the Presentation is not on the active lot you have a current Sim on. (For example you are visiting a community lot with one Sim, and the Sim who is supposed to get the Presentation is on another, inactive lot; Inventory not Accessible.)

There appears to be no way to reset/respawn the Term Presentation object, which in effect penalizes the Sim for the term they were supposed to turn it in for.

Only workaround I can find so far with this issue is to make sure when your term ends, that all Sims who are ending their term are on the active lot. Failure to do so if a class that has a presentation due will likely result in this bug occurring.

- B

Message 26 of 182 (31,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is consistent with what happened when my sim didn't get the presentation board. The term ended and I was controlling a different sim on another lot when I re-enrolled him. I am going to withdraw from the term and see if I can re-enroll later and, hopefully, actually get the presentation board this time.

edit: I would like to note that the sim that I *was* controlling at the time was able to re-enroll and he got the new presentation board no problem. So this further supports that not having access to the sim's inventory when re-enrolling is what caused the presentation board to fail to spawn.

Message 27 of 182 (31,049 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@burin077 This might be different for everyone’s game, but I can say for certain that my sim was available, on active lot, and inventory accessible when reenrolling for a next term and did NOT get the board. 

Message 28 of 182 (31,043 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hubosa Interesting; so far at least from what I've tested it's been reproducible how I did it, but if it's also doing it on active Sims, I haven't yet experienced that.

Hopefully someone can find root cause for that circumstance.

- B
Message 29 of 182 (31,035 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@burin077Yeah, my safe file is ancient (legacy file since 2015) and suffers from the elusive inventory bug where it doesn't save between traveling, as described in my original post. That's how I often lose items from my sims' inventories. Other people have also had the issue where the board disappears when being placed. I think there's too many ways to lose your board, so the most realistic solution for the devs is to just let us get/buy a new one when it's lost.

Message 30 of 182 (31,006 Views)