[FIXED] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

by WizardJeremyArch

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CriticalHulk27 wrote:

I had the same issue. I tried fixing it by having my Sim go to both Universities before my game COMPLETELY glitched out and now I'm reading a 102 error code and can't access my family. The whole game is corrupt now. It's like Sims 3 Uni all over again. :,(

I realize this is off-topic, but what exactly is the error in question? Do they show a blue square or an exclamation point when you mouse over them in the world?

@jlloggins wrote:

Has anyone found a work around for this? I have MC Command, but could not find an option to remove mean autonomy. As it stands right now, my current save game is unplayable because all they do is taunt one another. 

Just took a look on their documentation on their site. MCCC > MC Tuner > Change Interaction Autonomy > Autonomous Mean. (Not sure if it covers that interaction though, actually, but try that first.)

Message 11 of 27 (1,642 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For anyone using MCCC, you can stop it by pasting the following line in your mc_tuner.cfg until the problem gets addressed:

228418,sI_UniversityRivalry_Autonomous_Taunt

Message 12 of 27 (1,624 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Agreed, this is happening too much.

Maxis, you can easily test this by playing the Pleasant family. They will taunt each other constantly.

Message 13 of 27 (1,601 Views)

University rivalry

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims who both attend university, one at britchester and one at foxbury
What happens when the bug occurs? It's not particularly a bug, it's a feature that is very annoying. My sims are a couple but go to different universities but I can't have them near each other because nearly every time they are together, one teases the other about university superiority.
What do you expect to see? This decreases their relationship exponentially and makes them angry which is disrupting my game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed discover university expansion pack

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 sims who go to university, one to foxbury and one to britechester
What happens when the bug occurs? It's not particularly a bug, it's a feature of the game that is very annoying. When my sim's couple who go to the different university, despite their full friendly and romantic social bars, they autonomously taunt about university superiority which decreases their relationship exponentially and makes them angry. And it happens all the time.
What do you expect to see? Relationship decrease and angry sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed university

Message 14 of 27 (1,573 Views)

Re: University rivalry

Hero
@Deadspaghetti49 I merged your post with an existing thread on this.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 27 (1,540 Views)

Re: University rivalry

★★★ Apprentice

It's incredibly hard to shepherd sims who went to different universities into not taunting each other out of friendship. I basically have to keep both adults occupied with orders 100% of the time that they're home at the same time, or else they'll bring out their mean side. Worst part is even the "good" sim can't keep himself from taunting every chance he gets.

Message 16 of 27 (1,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictWizardJeremyArch Same problem here. Which is double sad, because not only is she losing her soulmate, nor being capable of having any other relationship; but her pristine, top of the line good reputation (which I spent effort building) has gone too. As it is, the game is unplayable, lest I keep her a recluse in the basement.

Please fix this guys, my sim's marriage and good reputation is on the line!
Message 17 of 27 (1,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictWizardJeremyArch I made a quick and dirty mod to remove the autonomous taunting completely. It's been uploaded to ModTheSims, but since that could take a few days to post I'm linking to the file in my OneDrive as well (assuming EA lets me link here).

<removed>

Spoiler
CM: Apologies @Hara-Surya , while Maxis supports a framework for modded content, 3rd party links and mods are not pre-screened (see Maxis Policy). Therefore we are unable to guarantee they or links to them are safe in order for them to be shared on this forum. 

I'll update this reply once MTS approves the mod.

Message 18 of 27 (1,444 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry - will you please explain to me, what MCCC stands for?  And what is mc_tuner.cfg?  

Message 19 of 27 (1,258 Views)

Hero
@brockieroad17 It's a Mod. Short or MC Command Center (just google)

the tuner is a file the mod has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 27 (1,240 Views)