[FIXED] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

by Wahsebinehsi

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

★★★★ Guide
@aodoherty its not checked so you got a ways to go before that one unlocks.
Message 21 of 41 (1,577 Views)

★★ Pro
@Sid1701d9 Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Frown
Message 22 of 41 (1,557 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@aodoherty On the picture with the career thing on you previous post the checkmark is not gold, once you get gold, everything for that job should unlock even if you don't get the stuff from the lower levels. Each time past level 10 your get a small raise, and any rewards you haven't got will be thrown in, most of the lower rewards for careers have been rewarded at University in the proper major.
Message 23 of 41 (1,552 Views)

★★ Pro
@Sid1701d9 Ah yea you're right. He has been 3 days since he promoted to level 10 but never checked. Then it's definitely a bug.
Message 24 of 41 (1,542 Views)

Re: Level 10 astronaut career Space Ranger- spaceship not received or unlocked

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictThe higher level careers won't let you unlock rewards from the other branch as since some of them use traits that are incompatible with the other branch your pretty munch stuck in the current branch for rewards, but you can use cheats to unlock those rewards, but won't get he trait rewards. Some of the career rewards where moved to common as they are used by more than one career profession.

Edit: Example if you have a high level mixologist you can not quit the mixologist and become a high level chief, and get the rewards.  Both Chief and mixologist have traits that allow them to create special drinks and effects on food, which is incompatible with the other trait.

Message 25 of 41 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sid1701d9Oh my sim is a different case. He was not in chef branch before moving to mixologist. He was an Actor.. Also after finishing the chef reward from culinary career, then just get other job such as Tech Guru or Business or even Painter. After working for about 3 months in sim days, then you can start from the culinary level 4 again. then you can choose mixology branch even though your sim had been in chef career before. But in my case, my sim started from level 6 after getting the mixologist certificate from the skill class.

Edit> I have a couple of sims completed both branches and can get both job rewards.

Message 26 of 41 (1,530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@aodohertyFor the sims you have which got rewards from both branches, did any of them have a degree/certificate when rejoining the second branch? I've tried the method you described before (changing careers and waiting for the level to get lower), but was never able to rejoin the other branch as the career level never got low enough.

Message 27 of 41 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@LizOverOh I found your reply just now. Sorry for the late reply. Any branch but there was NO DU released at that time. It was about 2016 in real time. I didn't get both rewards from all careers. I got them from a couple of his careers.As for the most of the other rewards, I like to move my sim family into a new game, then you can definitely start from the level 4 of the other branch if you have connection reward. With the univ degrees, then you can start from the other branch straightaway. For examples, my sim has a distinguished degree with culinary art, then he can start straight from the level 6 in Mixology branch with mixology certificate. But I didn't get the job reward with Mixolgy certificate. This is the first time I tried to get into mixology branch using the certificate, so I have no idea it is supposed not to be allowed to get the job reward or a bug. I definitely got the both job rewards before DU was released.

Message 28 of 41 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If I understand it correctly, this happens because the game doesn't give again rewards for career levels you've previously completed (so as to prevent you from intentionally getting demoted and promoted to get multiples), and when tracking your career history it only tracks the max level you achieved in the career as a whole instead of tracking max level per branch.

For example, if you join the Business career and reach level 8 in the Investor branch, then somehow change track and go back to level 7 in the Management branch, you won't get the rewards for the level 7, nor for the level 8 when you are promoted — the game remembers you had already reached level 8 in Business and isn't aware that this happened on a different branch —, but will get the rewards for levels 9 and 10 (i.e., those you never achieved in the other branch).

The relevant class for any modder or dev is careers.career_history.CareerHistory .

Message 29 of 41 (1,284 Views)

★ Guide

I had a degree and started in the eco living new career, the green tech one, I did not unlock any of the lower tier unlocks. I did switch from the freelance career. 

Message 30 of 41 (1,253 Views)