Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.68.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upon quitting my business investment (10), after attaining the distinguished communication degree, I entered the business management track (as president) and I did not unlock any of the career rewards. I uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry, reinstalled everything and copied and pasted my save files back into the game. I then quit the job and reapplied and the rewards are still not unlocking. Another problem is I cannot start at the bottom of the business career because of the degree.
What happens when the bug occurs? No rewards are unlocking and I cannot start from the bottom of the desired career track.
What do you expect to see? I expect the career rewards to be unlocked, or have some way to start from the bottom of the career track if I so choose. As in life, a person can choose to start at the bottom or select the point of their entry.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't think I need to attach any pictures for I described the steps and the problem in detail. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 41 (9,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to receive the career reward of another branch

Hero

After switching specialization branches in a career, your Sim now earns their well-deserved rewards from that new career.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 41 of 41 (3,575 Views)

All Replies

Re: Rewards Not Unlocking with Dist. Communication Degree into Business Manageme

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wahsebinehsi To be sure I understand you correctly, you went all the way up to level 10 on one branch of the business career (which should have unlocked all rewards until level 6 + the ones for the investor branch 7-10) and then switch branches (something you could not do before) and started on level 8 of the Management branch hence missing level 7 rewards ?

Or all the ones you unlocked previously also locked again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (9,886 Views)

Re: Rewards Not Unlocking with Dist. Communication Degree into Business Manageme

★ Apprentice

The Investor rewards are unlocked, but when I switched over to management (8) after attaining the degree the unlockables did not unlock. 

I was able to unlock the rewards by having my second sim go through the management branch. 

But as far as the sim who completed the Distinguished Communication Degree and was at the top of the Business Investor branch, it did not unlock the career rewards for the management branch or start at the bottom of the business career. 

Message 3 of 41 (9,854 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Communication Degree, Business: Rewards Not Unlocking

★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue with two other career tracks.

My sim reached the top of the Environmental Manager career, then switched to Marine Biologist after obtaining a distinguished Biology degree.

She did not receive the Master of the Sea reward trait. The Natural Speaker trait remained.

Another sim got a distinguished degree in Culinary Arts and a Mixology certification.

When joining the Chef career at level 8 she received all rewards, but after switching to Mixologist at level 8 the build/buy rewards from Mixologist levels 6-8 did not unlock. The Chef rewards remained unlocked.

It seems they did not account for this new possibility of switching branches when tracking career levels.

Message 4 of 41 (9,816 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Communication Degree, Business: Rewards Not Unlocking

★ Apprentice
@LizOver Yes, this seems to be an issue for degrees. There should be an option to start at the bottom of a career track. It would at least provide a workaround or give a sim a chance to earn more at lower levels.
Message 5 of 41 (9,790 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.72.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The easiest way is to use the traits.equip_trait traitname cheat to give yourself two degrees giving immediate access to the two branches of a given career. I chose Art History (Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_ArtHistoryDegreeBAHonors) and Fine Arts (Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_FineArtDegreeBAHonors) to unlock both branches of the Painter career. You then join one of the branches and then immediately quit and join the other.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will unlock the rewards from the first branch, but those from the second will remain locked. In the example that I did, I joined the Master of the Real branch first, getting in at rank 8 and unlocking the Deluxe All-Season Easel. I then quit and joined the Patron of the Arts branch, also at rank 8 but did not unlock the Pre-Owned Painter's Easel that should have been earned at said rank.
What do you expect to see? I expect to unlock the rewards from the second branch of the careers joined as well as the first, because being able to freely change branches is rather useless if you still can't earn the other rewards.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think this issue comes from the fact that prior to Discover University you could never join both branches of a career with one character, so it's possible that joining the second branch was never properly coded to give you the rewards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 6 of 41 (9,690 Views)

University degree does not unlock lower career levels

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Enter a career with university signing bonus at level 8 2) Check the unlocks in build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When entering a career with university signing bonus on level 8 the unlocks from level 1 to 7 remain locked. This is aggravated by the fact that a sim cannot re-enter the career at a lower level and can thus never unlock these items in his save- / lifetime.
What do you expect to see? When entering a career at level 8 I expect all unlocks from lower levels to be unlocked, otherwise what would be the point of a "bonus"?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 7 of 41 (9,659 Views)

Re: University degree does not unlock lower career levels

Hero
@TopNotchToddler Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Communication-Degree-Business-Rewards-Not/td-p/... .. just making sure before merging cause that is mainly about switching branches.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (9,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictSlightly different approach, but yes, seems to be the same problem. Thank you for noticing. Feel free to merge or delete.

Message 9 of 41 (9,631 Views)

Hero
@TopNotchToddler Merging sounds good to me.

-- Merged :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 41 (9,622 Views)