[FIXED] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

by SassiLane

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

★★ Novice

MAGICAL WORKAROUND/BAND-AID

I've tried the cheat command console solution and it doesn't fix the issue for me. 

Using the Magic expansion I discovered that the 'Emotional Stability' potion will get rid of the negative moodlet you get for not entertaining sprites.

If you use the potion to get rid of a visiting sprite prior to it's normal departure, you'll end up the the negative moodlet 'Harrassed by Sprites', so it's best to wait until you get penalized and then clear it with the potion. Otherwise, plan on using two 'Emotional Stability' potions to address each occurrence. 

This doesn't get rid of the issue. It's just a Magic way to skate past the penalties until EA fixes the bug.

In 'Role play' / Story,  I've been pretending that my characters is pestered by fairies due to some quirk in his back story or perhaps a curse, etc.  The potions are the treatments to keep it manageable. 

Message 51 of 82 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get this too. The cheats do not fix anything. These sprites ruin the game play. Never going to join the secret society again if that's all you get. So stupid.

Message 52 of 82 (2,048 Views)

Hero
@justsamface Did you try all the cheats including the more experimental one ?

That should get rid of them and I haven't seen any negative effects (aka didn't get the not able to load anymore issues).

I know it's experimental but so far, but it does seem to get rid of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 82 (2,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The idea of having to make the sprites happy every single day was so annoying to me I ended up creating a mod where they simply don't give you a Tense moodlet when you ignore them. No more having to appease them all the time. Clingy little buggers. It makes them more like the island spirits. If you make them happy, they reward you. If you ignore them, they just go away doing nothing.

Of course, since I keep telling people that I don't make mods, I just plunked it down in the University chat of Deaderpool's Discord.

As for this bug, I think I know what causes it. Once the first visit triggers, you get stuck in a neverending loop. Sprites leave, which triggers a cooldown, which triggers an event timer, which triggers the visit, which triggers the leaving, which triggers the cooldown... Well, you get the idea. It won't matter if you are a member of the Order or not, once you're in the loop.

I can see why Maxis missed it. It's like chess, they didn't think 5 moves ahead.

I think the cleanest fix is to add a test on one of the timers that checks if you are a member of the Order. If not, timer doesn't trigger and the loop is broken. Going to try that now.

EDIT:

I do believe I fixed it (with help from someone waaaay more experienced) by adding a whitelist-test to the cooldown that checks if you're a member of the Order. If that works, it would break the loop after the next visit and the little critters should stay away. Now to test it.

Message 54 of 82 (2,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add something here, my Sim was not in a secret society and shes being pestered by sprites its making it impossible for me to do anything with her no cheats are working 

Message 55 of 82 (1,962 Views)

Hero
@Elizabethrayne Do you play rotationally ?

Would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 82 (1,934 Views)

Re: Discover University spirits wouldn't go away

★★ Novice

The traits.remove_trait trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member seems to be working so far.....

Message 57 of 82 (1,867 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not a fix, but the moodlet solver drink will get rid of the angry sprites and moodlet

Message 58 of 82 (1,784 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue and it's bothering me very much. I don't want a workaround but a propper bugfix a.s.a.p.

It ruines my gameplay and I can't use my Sim at the University the way I would want to.Devil

Please Guru's, put this on your bugfixes list a.s.a.p. Fingers crossed

Message 59 of 82 (1,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

For what it's worth...

I had a Sim with the "Laid Back" trait from completing the "Beach Life" Aspiration (IL) join the Secret Society. She either played/sang songs when the Sprites came round or she ignored the Sprites. In two weeks she was rewarded by them once, but there was no other results. She did go to gatherings, make offerings and tended the Sprites' plants. Then I had her quit the Society. The Sprites continued to show up. She ignored them, but they don't seem to be able to effect her.

There is a reward trait, "Carefree" (makes Sims never get tense.) I don't know if it would also help with the Sprites, but it might be worth a try. It costs 3000 Satisfaction points. --- I see that @GypsyRozLyn has mentioned  the "Carefree" trait helping.

Or you could use the trait cheat to add the "Laid Back" trait to your Sim and just ignore the Sprites. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 3.13.32 PM.jpg

Message 60 of 82 (1,655 Views)