[FIXED] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

by SassiLane

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fancypants28 OK. Thanks for the file

I tested this and unfortunately, I can't find any more traits that could be responsible for them coming back. And yes, they did for me too. Came back after 24 hours, if I traveled or not. The traits did not come back so that's not the issue.

EDIT

I THINK i found what's causing it but I need volunteers to thoughtfully test this for bad side effects.

I do not know if all cheats are required or only some but I think this bug has several stuff that should get removed

Backup your save before attempting

Anyways here are the cheats from before again

• traits.remove_trait trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member
  • traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Med
  • traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Low
  • Possibly also: traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_High (don't know if this exists)

On top of that, there's a timer on the Sims that counts down for the sprites to appear. You will need TwistedMexis Cheat Fix Mod to remove this timer. I checked with my Uni sim that never was in the secret society and she doesn't have this timer, which is why I think, that should cut it.

You are doing this at your own risk, I haven't thoroughly tested this and I have no idea if it has side effects. I tested with the save fancypants sent me (after fixing the relationship with MCCC for error 102:6ee) and ff through 2 days. They didn't come back.

Anyways, put in the mod and then make sure the Sim with the issue is selected (testing cheats also needs to be on) and enter

• stats.remove_stat commodity_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_SpriteVisitor_Timer

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 82 (1,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictHappened for me too. Thing is, the sprites appearing after graduation "may not" be a bug if it were designed that way. Problem is, some of the benefits of the sprites don't work after graduation. The sprites keep returning and bugging my sim but the "sprite attack" feature no longer works after graduation.

Since some benefits don't work and some do, I'd call it a bug then.

Personally, I'd rather not have the sprites after graduation. Having them appear in the middle of the night every few days would get severely annoying.

Removing the hidden trait as suggested worked just fine on my sim.

Message 42 of 82 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps Even if you leave the society ?

This thread isn't about them still being around after graduation but after leaving the society.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 82 (1,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictNo, I never actually left. Kept playing the save I sent you, just didn't go to the graduation ceremony. I noticed I was no longer a member of the group after graduation so I assume I "left" automatically when graduated.

Edit: That would definitely be a bug then. If they joined and left early before graduation then the sprites still showing up would be a bug.  Didn't try it myself.  Maybe if I do another playthrough I'll try that.

Message 44 of 82 (1,471 Views)

Re: Discover University spirits wouldn't go away

★★ Novice

I tried out the newest solution and installed TwistedMexi's mod and used this cheat:

stats.remove_stat commodity_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_SpriteVisitor_Timer

I played for a sim week, and was never visited by sprites! Next, I wanted to test to see if the cheat was a permanent fix, so I restarted my game. Everything loaded up until I selected my sims household, then it began to load but eventually freezed. I repaired the game, restarted my computer and removed all mods except for TwistedMexi's, but that didn't fix it either. Luckily, I backed up my saves thanks to you and I was able to load all other saves I have. So it seems just the save with this cheat code was affected! 

I'm probably just going to have to say goodbye to this save and just make sure none of my future sims join the secret society, but thank you so so much for doing all that you have done to try and fix this issue!

Message 45 of 82 (1,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@brianabearx Guess I need to test this scenario.

If you still have the save, I can take a look if I can duplicate this too.

EDIT: Did you remove the membership as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 82 (1,409 Views)

★ Guide

My sim stayed in the secret society until he was automatically removed after graduation. He's still being visited by bored sprites and then pestered. Extremely frustrating.

Message 47 of 82 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have the save anymore, sorry! But yes, this was long after she left the organization

Message 48 of 82 (1,334 Views)

★ Novice

I have a workaround, kinda.  I too joined the secret society and then graduated.  The sprites followed me.  I tried the remove traits cheat and that just made them disappear but kept attacking. 

So I tried to clone my sim. 

The clone was able to have all her stats and her degree.  She didn't have a job or friends, but she didn't have sprites.  

In my mind, I thought it could be a Star Trek story where the original dies and the clone continues in the show.  Standard smile

Message 49 of 82 (1,298 Views)

★ Guide

Suggest you get that carefree bonus trait if you want to keep playing a sim that has been in the secret society. Same thing happened to my sim - she quit secret society because of the irrigating sprites and she graduated and is still bothered constantly by sprites - the work around to remove the hidden trait did not work for me. A 4 hour tense moodlet and sprites that will not let your sim do anything (even sleep) is definitely irritating. They still visit my sim, but she does not get tense anymore because I got her the carefree bonus trait - I just ignore them now but I do so wish they would just go away.

Message 50 of 82 (1,245 Views)