Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Secret society in Sims 4 Discover University. Play as a member for a while (I don't know if this happens if the sprites haven't visited.) After having a sprite appear and you appease them or annoy them, have the Sim leave the society.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sprites continue to bug the Sim even though the Sim is no longer in the society. This has essentially ruined this save game for me as the sprites appear a lot and get in the way of the rest of my gameplay.
What do you expect to see? If I leave the secret society then the sprites should leave me alone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug appears to be similar to the other one that is also present in my game where if I change my starting traits, either with the potion or in CAS, the Sim still acts as if they had the original trait too with negative moodlet such as ambitious Sims not having a job etc. There is also something similar after purging celebrity quirks they act as if they're still there.

Message 1 of 82 (20,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sprites no longer appear around the Sim after the buff expires after leaving the Secret Society.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS4-Sprites-keep-bugging-Sim-after-leaving-Secret/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 77 of 82 (11,851 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictSassiLane Same issue. I'm about five minutes from dumping this legacy Sim. I've started using MCC to clear the debuffs, but its constant.
Message 2 of 82 (20,569 Views)

Hero
@TheQuinnBee Maybe the Sim has some hidden trait you can remove ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 82 (20,564 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictSassiLane I’m having the same issue as well. I thought the secret society would be more similar to Previous sims games where you just unlock a hidden lot. Not that you would be pestered constantly.
Message 4 of 82 (20,511 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It's essentially game breaking, and one of the most annoying things to happen in the game, honestly. Except for me, I went to add a new sim to a previous sims house and it deleted all the organizations that original sims was a part of, but kept the sprites around, bugging her and making it impossible for her to do anything. It's gotten to the point where the original sim has a constant moodlet that causes her to feel guilty for not paying attention to the sprites. But I can't do anything with the sprites because i'm not part of the secret society anymore because the game deleted it from her organizations. I've even tried to rejoin the secret society, just to immediately leave it. I've gotten the specific moodlet to pop up two more times, and neither time the society showed up at my house. The game is basically acting as if i'm still in the society, without giving me any of the commands to do so. It's so frustrating, and it's making me not want to play the game, which is unfortunate, because I was really excited about this expansion and love everything else about it. 

Message 5 of 82 (20,324 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem as well. I left the secret society and the sprites still follow my sim around giving a lot of tense moodlets. 

Message 6 of 82 (20,317 Views)

SECRET SOCIETY SPRITES

★★★★★ Novice

I left the secret society and the sprites still follow my sim around. He still  gets tense still when not interacting with them after leaving. Is there anyway i can stop this.

Message 7 of 82 (20,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. The moodlets were a little too helpful and I had my sim leave the SS for some more realistic gameplay, but all that happened was that she lost her perks. I used the UI cheats mod to check for unwanted hidden traits and it didn’t reveal anything related to societies or sprites. Maybe the mod doesn’t go “deep” enough. In a way it’s interesting having my sim be haunted by her past mistakes, like she’s sold her soul to the sprites or something, but it’s not supposed to be completely irreversible. I got a tip to delete my localthumbcache (I think) but I have yet to try it. 

Message 8 of 82 (20,311 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm, and I can only assume this is a bug. My Sim joined the Secret Society, but I had him quit after a couple days after I realized it would get in the way of classes and the story I was telling. A sprite still visits every 2-3 days or so even though he has continued not to be in the organization. 

If you kill the moodlet, the sprite disappears to no ill effect, but it still shouldn't be appearing at all.

Message 9 of 82 (20,296 Views)

Re: SECRET SOCIETY SPRITES

★★★★ Apprentice

Same. Even when I try to appease the sprites by doing some romantic/funny socials (for like an hour straight) they'll still give me the tense moodlet. WORST addition to the game, I feel like my save is ruined forever now because of this. Please give us an option to turn the damn sprites off.

Message 10 of 82 (20,200 Views)