Re: Discover University spirits wouldn't go away

by TheSimsTasticDuo

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

these sprites visit me EVERYDAY and it is getting beyond annoying. my sims graduated and is now on her second degree, these sprites and her awful roommates are making it SO hard to actually get anything accomplished. not only does she get tense from them being bored, but she now feels guilty when she doesn’t entertain them. EA really needs to fix this, i was excited to join the SS, now i regret it. 

i haven’t tried it but i’ve heard that getting the carefree trait helps with the moodlets, but the sprites still come. 

i just uploaded my sim, i used the name you have on here as a hashtag so hopefully it’s easy to find her. she’s also under “send help” hashtag. the household name is “attack of the sprites”. hopefully you can help get some answers

Message 21 of 82 (1,647 Views)

Hero
@KiwiNinja114 Did you try the solution in the workaround post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 82 (1,615 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict i hadn’t tried it yet. i was worried that enabling cheats (i play on mac) would disable getting achievements. apparently that isn’t the case. been playing since sims 2 and you’d think i’d know that by now XD
Message 23 of 82 (1,607 Views)

Hero
@KiwiNinja114 That's just the case for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 82 (1,599 Views)

Hero

Anyone got a picture of the sprites for me to use for a blog post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 82 (1,517 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I followed these steps and it did make the sprites stop "appearing" but I still get notifications when they come and the pestering moodlet when I don't entertain them and they get pesterly. It's a new game, started just for Uni and I have no CC or mods.
Message 26 of 82 (1,484 Views)

Hero
@TheSimsTasticDuo Hm.. could you remove the other trait as well ? Maybe it's not Med for you (could mean medium).

If you upload the Sim I can check the traits they have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 82 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m having this problem too. I tried using all of the remove trait cheats listed above to no avail. The sprites are no longer visible, but my sim still gets the moodlets and notifications, and now can’t sleep either. When she goes to bed she is woken up every 15 minutes to be attacked by the invisible sprites. My game is currently unplayable because of this glitch.
Message 28 of 82 (1,405 Views)

Hero
@BreeBee89 Could you send me your save for further testing ?

Just upload to onedrive or google drive and pm me the link

Seems there's something else responsible for those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 82 (1,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

The trait removal code didn't work for me Frown

Message 30 of 82 (1,336 Views)