Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sprites keep bugging Sim after leaving Secret Society

by lambcaey

Original Post

★ Novice
@crinrictSassiLane This has literally ruined my game Frown my sim at uni is 27th gen of my legacy family and shes failing her degree and totally miserable, up all night tense with these horrid Sprites that WILL NOT leave
Message 11 of 82 (4,238 Views)

Hero
Could someone upload a Sim that has the issue to the gallery and post name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 82 (4,227 Views)

Discover University spirits wouldn't go away

★★ Novice

Ive already left the local Secret society, but those annoying little sh*ts still appear every ingame day. Is there a way to get rid of them permenantly?  

Message 13 of 82 (4,193 Views)

Re: Discover University spirits wouldn't go away

Hero
@FakeNerdGuy Merged your post with existing bug report on this

Please click me too on the first post

If you could upload your Sim to the gallery so I can check something, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 82 (4,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same issue, i couldn't find any hidden traits to remove through mc command center, so i'm out of ideas outside of deleting the moodlets manually. I've uploaded my sim to the gallery @crinrict under "university bug", you'll have to include cc (username is llaurawho, same as here), hope it helps

Message 15 of 82 (4,111 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

SAME! My Sim isn't even in University anymore! Now I wish I hadn't joined the Secret Society at all.

Message 16 of 82 (4,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@llaurawho Great thanks

--------------------------

EDIT: Oh well, seems this doesn't work. They come back anyways. It was worth a try. Thanks all for your feedback.

Could you all try the following

1. Open the cheat console and type: testingcheats true
2. Make sure the Sim with the issue is active
3. Type in cheat console: traits.remove_trait <traitname>

Trait name being:

trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member

or/and

trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Med

trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Low

trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_High (? Don't know if this exists)

or as complete cheats

• traits.remove_trait trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member
  • traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Med
  • traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_Low
  • Possibly also: traits.remove_trait trait_Organizations_SecretSociety_Favor_High (don't know if this exists)

Feel free to experiment. I didn't test which one needs removing.

EDIT

I THINK i found what's causing it but I need volunteers to thoughtfully test this for bad side effects.

I do not know if all cheats are required or only some but I think this bug has several stuff that should get removed

Backup your save before attempting

On top of the cheats above, there's a timer on the Sims that counts down for the sprites to appear. You will need TwistedMexis Cheat Fix Mod to remove this timer. I checked with my Uni sim that never was in the secret society and she doesn't have this timer, which is why I think, that should cut it.

You are doing this at your own risk, I haven't thoroughly tested this and I have no idea if it has side effects. I tested with the save fancypants sent me and ff through 2 days. They didn't come back.

Anyways, put in the mod and then make sure the Sim with the issue is selected (testing cheats also needs to be on) and enter

• stats.remove_stat commodity_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_SpriteVisitor_Timer

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 82 (13,437 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Removing trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member seems to be working for now. Thanks!
Message 18 of 82 (4,057 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI also tried traits.remove_trait trait_CollegeOrganization_SecretSociety_Member after enabling cheats and can confirm it also worked for me.

Thank you very much!

Message 19 of 82 (4,002 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't try as I deleted my game and started again. But I'm glad a workaround has been found. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Message 20 of 82 (3,948 Views)