[FIXED] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by Lapin_Demoness

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Apprentice

@AlHollandiyah 

Actually, I have theories about this bug but have no time to prove yet.

1. Attend Class Normally gives zero point toward progression. If you never selected "Takes Notes" during the class. you will have really high chance that you will get F for that class no matter how you do with other thing such as finish homework, excellence quality presentation/term paper.
  2. Job progression also tied with core classes progression. I have noticed this if you perform your job poorly e.g. do not get any promotion or do not fulfill the daily task you will also get F for all core classes (not elective class). Don't know this is just co-incidence or not but happened to me.

All those are with the conditions of 1) submit homework everyday 2) submit excellence quality of term paper/presentation 3) never cheated 4) attend final exam

Message 61 of 147 (1,757 Views)

★★ Novice

This is a continuing issue. Yet EA has yet to resolve it. My sim has done all her class work, turned in her outstanding term paper, and has gone up 3-5 levels in her skills she needed. yet she fails the class. So as a test i started up another world and did it with a different sim. I used cheats to make him stay up all night and continue to study and and write term papers and the usual. and he still failed. i didn't cheat the skills just the needs. 

Message 62 of 147 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@icezaz  Interesting. My sim didn't have a job besides, because with 4 classes and whatnot there simply isn't time. In my runs of test I used listen actively, which gives mixed results. The job performance score is not linear with the score from what I found. I agree that any other option then taking notes isn't really viable and that's an annoying bug as well.

Message 63 of 147 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Me too, I'm annoyed now I did EVERYTHING Right, took note exactly when their classes start, got all homework, presentations complete, and still got suspended. Now Why did I bother? I might had done nothing and partied the whole time..

Now I have to put up with the bug on not being able to re-enroll. This pack is completely garbage! 

Message 64 of 147 (1,668 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, I was late for 2 classes when I started to play and it put my sims on probation because they completely failed. Then I've decided to do everything very carefully and I finished every single task and even studied extra online and they still failed. I was very surprised now they are suspended I did not save my last game I'm hoping that The Sims 4 team can fix that, It was hours of work. 

Message 65 of 147 (1,632 Views)

★ Pro

Which world are you playing? Completing homework and attending 75% of each class should be just enough to pass the course.

performance: 16 + 14*homework completion rate, 2 classes -> 60 pts, +50% performance boost while taking notes

term paper/presentation (HQ): 25-28 pts

working on relevant skills: 0-33 pts

making relevant skills: 9 pts

and more (e.g. focused boost)

There's a mod (Quickly Check Course Performance) which tells you exactly how much points your sim currently has.

Message 66 of 147 (1,620 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having that same issue right now, where my two YA sims almost failed their first semester and are now on probation, even though they didn't miss a single class and did all their homework and their presentations/term papers were outstanding quality... For their second semester they're now taking one class each and they're halfway through the semester, I'm having them take notes in each class, they do all their homework, one has already handed in his outstanding presentation already (the other hasn't yet), one of them has the necessary skills maxed out, the other one is building the necessary skills. All I have them do in their free-time is study and research. They both emailed their professors who said they're doing excellent work, yet if I check on the Quickly Check Course Performance Mod they're both still on F and D. It's no fun to play the game this way. It also didn't use to be this way - I didn't have any problems when it first came out, haven't played in a couple of months and now BOOM. Confused

Message 67 of 147 (1,558 Views)

★ Pro
@sarahotta If you got "You are doing exceptionally well" as answer this means your performance is at 55+ (60 needed for passing). Should you ask again the next day you need a score of at least 75 to get a positive (not just neutral) answer from your prof.

p.s. there might be a bug with freezing performance if you send in your term paper/presentation early
Message 68 of 147 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@kusurusu  If you send in your term paper or presentation before your last class, you can not make the last homework either. I'm not sure how much influence that has on your final mark, but I tend to make sure to go to the last class and make the new homework before sending anything in.

As for skill gain, I am currently testing university with a sim that literally had ALL skills maxed before even starting, but she got straight A+ for all classes in the first term. It might be a 2nd/3rd term bug, explaining why it doesn't happen all the time?

Also, with this weird F-A system I am not sure what exactly is considered passing. I see 60% but what is 60% in letters? Here in the Netherlands that would mean you score a 6 (out of 10), so I am unfamiliar with the used grading system. But I will go for the best anyway, LOL, and this is not the only cultural thing in the sims that I only know from movies and have zero clue about (think wedding vows kind of speeches instead of simply saying I do for example). But that's getting off topic....

Message 69 of 147 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I decided to test this out with a Dudley Landgraab from The Gallery. He's a lazy, insider slob.

He's getting a Drama Degree at Foxbury. Took 3 classes: Fitness, Charisma and Pet Training. Since he was taking pet training, I got him a dog and he attended from home.

He got caught cheating on his term paper. He got caught cheating on his homework. He turned in a "normal" presentation. He only did his homework autonomously, so seldom finished. However, he talked about homework with all his professors and "took notes" in all his classes. He made a couple of offerings at the campus statue. He taught his dog a few tricks. Improved his Fitness by juggling the soccer ball. He joined the Spirt Club and socialized a lot, so his charisma improved.

I was absolutely shocked when he got A+ in all 3 classes. I don't know what this means. Clearly my regular Sims have been working too hard.

The 'tool tip" does say that taking notes will improve one's grade. Perhaps improving the skills attached to the classes also helped. 

Adding: Second Term. 3 classes, same behavior. It finally caught up with him. Although his performance tab never did show that he was on probation. 

I'm sort of relived, but will have to wait to see if his GPA is actually impacted.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 3.41.16 PM.png

For what it's worth: In my regular game I play rotationally, so none of my Sims have done consecutive terms. I usually play through one term at a time and re-enroll them when next I play them. Not had any problems with them failing in spite of meeting class criteria.

Since Dudley's behavior didn't impact him until the second term, I wonder if my playing rotationally is a factor in this. 

Message 70 of 147 (1,482 Views)