Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Realm of Magic, Moschino Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim attend university
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my Sims attend university, despite having the necessary skills maxed out, homework always turned in, presentations and term papers are outstanding quality, and studying for hours on end, my sims fail their classes with F grades and are put on probation. I have already tried removing mods and it did not work.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to pass their classes because they did all of the necessary work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The December 12th, 2019 patch

Whenever my Sims attend university, despite having the necessary skills maxed out, homework always turned in, presentations and term papers are outstanding quality, and studying for hours on end, my sims fail their classes with F grades and are put on probation. I have already tried removing mods and it did not work.  

I am extremely annoyed with this, as prior to the patch, my Sims were doing wonderfully in their coursework.  Now they are failing despite doing every single thing that is necessary.  I'm really upset that I can't play with this feature.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 147 (29,784 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims having a hard time in Uni? No matter what they do they keep failing classes?
Worry not, Sims will no longer fail classes when meeting all the criteria for course
completion. Work hard, pass your classes hard!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you have further issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DU-Student-only-getting-Fs-in-university-despite-putting-in-wo...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 147 of 147 (12,955 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

Hero
@Lapin_Demoness Does this happen for all classes or only the ones with term papers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 147 (29,682 Views)

Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Apprentice

It happens for all classes.  

Message 3 of 147 (29,678 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Apprentice

I'm also having the issue. I've even had the sim study for hours and complete all the assignments and presentations very early, but she ended up suspended because she kept failing for no reason.

Message 4 of 147 (29,608 Views)

Hero
@EJ_Flambert How are your skills ? Which level are the necessary ones ?

Did you turn in the paper/presentation early ? This seems to lock the grade at an early state and I'm unsure if that has a negative impact.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 147 (29,587 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Sim has Level 10 cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking. They are going to school for Culinary Arts. They have failed or gotten very low grades in 5 classes now, and is suspended. Classes of all 3 variety: term paper (turned in edited to outstanding quality), presentation (also edited to outstanding), and final exam (studied for ad naseum). They only took 2-3 classes at a time, has no job, and literally does nothing but cooking-related things other than what they need to survive. Still suspended. Before the patch I got an A+ in every class for this Sim and previous Sims. 

Message 6 of 147 (29,544 Views)

Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University is the trouble
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I got my Sim maxed out in the Painting skill, but she has 2 Painting classes left in University. But no matter how much I stay on top of homework (with the cheat Make Happy) and study and do everything extra for each course and get to class and does the exam/final presentation, she ends up FAILING at the end........... even though she's literally a pro painter already and does all the work on time. She'll just keep failing and thus never be able to GRADUATE (these are the last 2 classes she needs, I reiterate.)
What happens when the bug occurs? I got my Sim maxed out in the Painting skill, but she has 2 Painting classes left in University. But no matter how much I stay on top of homework (with the cheat Make Happy) and study and do everything extra for each course and get to class and does the exam/final presentation, she ends up FAILING at the end........... even though she's literally a pro painter already and does all the work on time. She'll just keep failing and thus never be able to GRADUATE (these are the last 2 classes she needs, I reiterate.)
What do you expect to see? The sim ace the classes and FINALLY graduate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

aswdsd

Message 7 of 147 (29,538 Views)

Re: Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

Hero
@nicole__gamer1 Merged your post with another bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 147 (29,516 Views)

Re: Sim Cannot Graduate (always fails last 2 classes, skill maxed issue?)

★★★ Expert

@crinrict  I'm noticing that several of the bug reports mention Sims failing in subjects where their skill levels are already maxed out. Could it be that some kind of hidden game mechanism is looking for skill level progress when calculating final grades?

Sorry if I am completely off base here.

I remember having a similar problem in Sims 3 University Life. Part of your final grade depended on increasing relevant skill levels, which you cannot do when you are already at skill level 10.

Message 9 of 147 (29,491 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. 

Message 10 of 147 (29,482 Views)