Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by Citysim9997

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happens to me. My sim keeps failing her classes, she even got suspended even though I did everything needed to pass the classes: attending, taking notes, submitting outstanding paper, studying and so on. She still kept failing. It's frustrating and infuriating.

Message 111 of 147 (3,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Did homework, final exams, excellent presentation, bought biology book and did extra study, got a C and F in biology classes and an F in singing elective and was suspended. 

My sim lives off campus and due to simulation lag was often late. I had her study to make up for it, but I didn't even have the option to send her to class until sometimes up to a half hour after class started. 

She was already maxed out in her biology skills before enrolling so technically didn't make any progress if that matters.

Her singing started at level 6 and went to level 7 during the term. I didn't focus on having her skill up singing because I thought that was the point of her taking the class.

I wonder if the bugs are more for non-traditional students (traditional being newly young adults with no skills who live on campus).

We REALLY need a progress bar for each class to know how we're doing. This is a major issue that makes University unplayable. 

Message 112 of 147 (3,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Eco Lifestyle has taken my attention from University for a while, and decide to replay the University side, and my god I forgot how unplayable and frustrating the entire pack is, this time I tried a different approach I haven't tried remaining a home to do my studies and attend my classes this way. I couldn't of made them work and study harder. In the end it was D and F's then probation, but when you fail probation for no reason at all of course, you are suspended indefinitely (Can't Enroll for 0 Days). 

I don't expect these bugs to ever be fixed considering the pack it now aging, but at least put a Warning message on the pack itself or an Apology, how hard is that??

Message 113 of 147 (3,219 Views)

Sim fails universitt despite studying and homework

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but nifty knitting and eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play university and study attend class and do your homework
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets F in classes despite studying for hours and completing homework and attending class
What do you expect to see? Sim to pass when putting in hours of work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my sim spent several hours (like 10+) studying for each class and completed homework and attended class and still got an F. The only class she passed was one with a term paper and that is all she did for that class. She didn't do homework or study. How is that possible?

Message 114 of 147 (3,201 Views)

★ Guide

My sim went to every class and did her homework every time. She studied for at least 6 hours for each class sometimes more. She even had an outstanding term paper and presentation and the highest grade she got was a D+. And what doesn't make any sense is her elective she had a term paper I think and thats all she did for that class. She went obviously to the class and she did her homework i think once but did not study and she turned her paper in like day 2 of term and got an A. How is that possible??

Message 115 of 147 (3,135 Views)

★★ Novice
@Lapin_Demoness I have the same issue. Usually when I play I cheat skills up and they always get As but recently even though I have their skills that are relevant above 7 and they do all the work and make the papers and presentations the best they still get Cs at the most and often just fail.

This pack is often unplayable and it's a shame because when it works it's great, but there should be no question of when it works, it is meant to just work.
Message 116 of 147 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Guide

Back in June when I was able to confirm via message with a guru that they were able to reproduce this and are working on it, I was so optimistic that we'd have a fix at least by early August. Well, now it's mid August. I know patches typically come out every couple of months, and one was just done on 7/23 for the knitting stuff pack. If that's correct that patches come out in that time frame then we're looking at mid September, maybe. Maybe for the GP that they've yet to release? It's just so disappointing.

Message 117 of 147 (3,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem here! It happened to two of my four sims in the same household. Both did all their homework, studied a lot, increased skills needed (not maxed out but progressed/leveled up during the term). And they still both failed TWICE (so now suspended). The other two did their work but not as much (one of them even got a warning of doing just the bare minimum) and they got good grades lol so random Disappointed didn't save the game, I just raged quit hahaha 

Devil I hope they fix it! I just bought the pack and I was stupid enough to buy it on Steam so that's $52 of unplayable content I could've spent on something else, like cities: skylines maybe lol 

(CM: Posts merged)

Message 118 of 147 (2,979 Views)

Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Guide

It just happened to my Sim. The class was an elective and no term paper was required.

Message 119 of 147 (2,882 Views)

★ Novice

Same here! My Sims takes 2 classes + 1 elective, while working 2 hours per morning as a barista. She does her homework whenever it's available, studies for each class, did a presentation (organized and practiced presenting), term papers (edited before turning in), and finals (studied for each and always showed up on time). I don't understand how this is still an issue? I had stopped playing and this weekend got Eco Life, so I decided to have her go to college for physics/biology to become a green engineer type career. I did not realize this was just an issue and not the student I had played previously. Literally, got a C, D, and a freaking F in her elective!! She gardens every day, studies for the class, and got an F...and every day it gave a positive message about her performance in class. -_-

Message 120 of 147 (2,864 Views)