Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by Cyclone_Sims

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here.  I've noticed the sims I sent to university with max skills (from being smart teens) always fail university.  A lot more buggy than the Sims 3 University pack. 

Message 91 of 147 (2,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just got DU this weekend, started a new game, and I'm having this same problem. My Sim does all homework, attends all classes (& actively listens), refines & practices presentations, edits term papers until "outstanding," studies until Confident, and fails half of her classes. She is not maxed out on skills. This has happened two terms now and it's really frustrating! 

Message 92 of 147 (2,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've found that the only real way to at least somewhat prevent this is to have your Sim take notes every time they attend class. It should be noted that actively listening increases skill gain, not grade gain, and if you only attend normally, you're almost guaranteed to fail. In the incident I had with the photography elective, I was having my Sim attend class normally, and he failed despite turning in an outstanding-quality paper and doing all of his homework. I don't think that should've warranted a failure. When I started having my Sims take notes every time, though, this seemed to stop happening. However, I don't think a Sim should always have to take notes in order to pass a class. In real life, even if you do poorly on a final exam, you might still get a C if the final grade is balanced out by high homework grades.

Message 93 of 147 (2,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. After reading this thread, I have a number of sims I tested with and found that it must be related to the patch. 

Tested Sim with max skill/distinguished degree - suspended

Tested Sim with progressive skill level/distinguished degree - all classes done pre-patch rec'd an A or A+, the last class that finished after patch - D

Tested Sim with progressive skill level/regular degree - classes can't be passed

Tested in both Foxbury and Breitchester.

Game version: 1.62.67.1020

Mods enabled

Attaching saves won't work for my post because when I saw my Sim failed a class I just rage quit and didn't save lol.

Message 94 of 147 (2,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Same thing happens to me, even i got an elective course related to dancing and my sim had already maximized it before term ends, got all the work and attended all the classes, then it is an F :D i thought it could be about elective courses so i just took regular classes completely in the next term but again failed one of the classes which had been already satisfied all the conditions. Hope to see a resolution.

Message 95 of 147 (2,149 Views)

Discover University - Failing despite doing all the work

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL expansion packs. All game packs EXCEPT Magic and Vampires. All stuff packs EXCEPT Laundry, Moschino, Fitness, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to university. Live in the dorm. Complete all homework, attend all classes, edit all term papers to excellent and turn them in, submit excellent quality presentations, study for the final exams, attend final exams....literally do nothing but study and grind 24/7 and FAIL all courses??
What happens when the bug occurs? My studious sims receive an F in every course when they receive their final grades, no matter what I do.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to get at least a passing grade after so much effort! There is no way this is how the game is supposed to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims keep failing university courses for no reason. They are doing all the homework, papers, exams, presentations, and attending all classes. When the end of the term rolls around, they keep getting an F in every course. 

I have had this happen in three different save files with different sims, different universities, and different majors. 

I have been playing the sims since 2001 and I have never been so irritated with a bug. It has rendered Discover University unplayable!

Message 96 of 147 (2,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Lapin_Demoness Happens every time for me.

@SimShambles I wish it was patched

Message 97 of 147 (1,994 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish they would fix this - I was waiting for this expansion pack for years and now it’s completely unplayable Frown and when you do try again to see if it will work it’s hours of gameplay to see that nope - still not working 

Message 98 of 147 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oddly enough this just started happening to me. This is my 3rd household with Sims in uni, and I have never had an issue. All 3 households had skills that were maxed out before they started classes, did all their homework, never missed class, took notes, blah blah and they all got A+. Now I'm in the last term with 6 Sims in uni, and suddenly 2 of the 6 are getting the "Your Sim did the absolute minimum in class" pop up after their class was over. They've had the skills maxed out the whole time, as have the other Sims. I emailed a professor for one of the 2 Sims that was getting the pop up and it said she has a passing grade, but the other one said she was in danger of failing. They do all their homework, are on time, take notes, all that stuff. Also, I have one Sim who has gone to every class "Normally" and she got an A+ in all her classes. I thought it might be because I used MCCC to change the uni progression rate to 10% slower, but I think it was just a coincidence because I changed it back to normal and this is still an issue.

Message 99 of 147 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I bought University (also tiny living) yesterday and it went fine for the first couple of hours. I got an A+, A and maybe a B? the first time, and an F on one class I wasn't putting enough time in because I didn't know how to balance it yet. 

Then the next term I picked only 2, and did way better, turned everything in on time, attended class etc. And got a C and an F again. Didn't get it, but thought I must have done something wrong so I do it again, and suddenly I can only get an F. Term after, same issue.

Even now, I'm almost getting suspended and I did all the homework and turned everything in etc. My teacher said I was doing fine yesterday and now I asked again and they're telling me I'm close to failing... while I turned in my paper (outstanding) in that time. My sim is doing NOTHING but work on school and take care of some needs.

It's really frustrating...
None of my skills are maxed out. 

Message 100 of 147 (1,694 Views)