Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by bre82

Original Post

★ Novice

I'm having issues with it too, my Sim made it to class on time, completed all the work and still got a D 

Message 31 of 147 (3,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought the University expansion, and I am having the same issue. No matter if they attend all classes, do all homework, term papers, presentations, etc. they flunk with a D or an F every time. I am extremely frustrated with this!!

Message 32 of 147 (3,218 Views)

Failing grades at University since update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University; Cats and Dogs; Seasons; City Living; Get to Work Outdoor retreat; parenthood; spa day; Spooky stuff; vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a save with a university student on the last day of term, who has all required skills, homework, final exams etc and is on track for good grades
What happens when the bug occurs? I loaded my save with two off campus uni students on the last day of term at 3pm; one is finishing his first term and is a young adult, the other is just about to age up to elder and is finishing her second term. She had an A- GPA in her first term. The last time I played (2 days ago) they were both up to date with all requirements and had emailed their professors for updates with very positive results. The elder had a slightly worse score in macroeconomics but had been studying, and the young adult was doing well in everything. When I load the save game and get their grades, both fail or nearly fail on several courses. I've reloaded several times and invited professors over, the elder is doing very well in one course but on the cusp of failure in macroeconomics. The same for the young adult, he gets an A in one class and an F in another.
What do you expect to see? Grades in line with their performance and with what the professors previously told them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update as of January 2020

Message 33 of 147 (3,226 Views)

When you're Sims go to class are they attending class normally? If so change them to take notes every time they go to class. I was having a problem with a Sim with all maxed skills to get decent grades and making her take notes every time she was in class got her A's and she graduated. I hope this helps.

Message 34 of 147 (3,163 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Lapin_Demoness I submitted a post exactly like this as well. It was fixed for a while and went back to being messed up. Now my sim is on academic probation for no reason. She should be on honor roll. She failed the same class twice despite doing everything right and all skills maxed out. Really hope they fix this soon it’s super annoying!!
Message 35 of 147 (3,112 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★ Apprentice

same problem after updating patch and installing tiny living.  sim got a for first semester 2nd semester placed on academic probation moved sim out of dorms and the no longer went to class on time so failed 3rd semester and had to wait 5 days to enroll.  was able to go back to before and play again turned in all homework and term papers went to class every day failed again.  moved back to dorm still did not go to class early had to send to class skills maxed by the way.  failed again.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim attend university
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my Sims attend university, despite having the necessary skills maxed out, homework always turned in, presentations and term papers are outstanding quality, and studying for hours on end, my sims fail their classes with F grades and are put on probation. I have already tried removing mods and it did not work.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to pass their classes because they did all of the necessary work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes  the ui console 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The january 16th  patch and tiny living installed

Message 36 of 147 (3,085 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am still having this issue.  

This pack was a waste of my money.

Message 37 of 147 (3,053 Views)

★★ Guide

Yep, this is still a major issue for me, too. I'm super frustrated, to the point where I'm ready to just cheat them degrees.

Despite doing everything right, my students also keep randomly failing. Sometimes they do okay in a couple of the classes but fail the others. Poor Julia Wright (married to my sim) just failed 2 classes and got an A- in the other. She's now on probation. 

This has been happening ever since December's patch. I'd hoped last week's update would fix it, but nope. Even started a new game with Tiny Living and hoped maybe that would fix it, but nope. 

Message 38 of 147 (3,028 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who's still having this issue possibly share their save file with me, to help us investigate? Much appreciated!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 147 (2,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just started playing University and my sim got a D in a class that required a term paper, even though he attended all classes, did the homework, and had and submitted an "outstanding" term paper. His other grades were Bs and As for that term. 

Message 40 of 147 (2,892 Views)