Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by V1talV1rus

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Expert

Weird, I've never had any problems with classes. I've actually NEVER even used the "Take notes" thing. Never even knew it existed.

I always thought classes were FAR too easy. As long as I do the homework and complete the term papers and presentations, I've never gotten less than an A. I usually have to study before I get an A+ though. But I've never even seen a "B" or less.

Well, I accidentally clicked on "Plagiarize" term paper once (Because the d*mn menus keep randomly changing order) I was put on probation and STILL got an A+ in the course...

Go figure.

Message 141 of 147 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've played several sims in University, and I've only noticed this happen when I save and quit the game, then return to the family and finish a term. Even if they had previously done all coursework, it seemed that reloading the game caused the university to forget all of the work the sim did before. This has happened three times to me.

The most recent time, I played 3 terms (3 classes each) without quitting, and all classes were correctly assessed. I completed most of the 4th and final term (also 3 classes), then I saved and exited. I reloaded today and finished the final term by submitting 2 outstanding term papers and giving an Excellent quality presentation with level 5 charisma, and he failed a class! The entire GPA went down to a C and forced him to take a 1-class, fifth term to make up the failed credit.

This completely defeats the purpose of this pack. Why go to university if the work isn't saved properly?

Message 142 of 147 (2,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This bug is still occurring,  This was posted over a year ago and EA still hasn't fixed this?   You guys wonder why people hate you so much?  It's * like this.  A CORE Function of an expansion is bugged and not working and you guys give zero * about it.

Message 143 of 147 (1,928 Views)

Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★★★ Novice

It's happening now with additional classes beyond the first one.  I always pass the first class but any other classes are automatic failures.

Message 144 of 147 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like Foxbury and Britechester should hire more compassionate professors. 😂

Kidding aside tho, onr of my sims is about to go to uni. Should i defer her until this bug is patched?

Message 145 of 147 (1,871 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★★ Pro

Okay, related to this issue.. Do we have a thread for that issue when a sim has been put on probation and then they cannot re-enroll even though the timer has set back to 0 again? Couldn't find one but I'm at a point where some of my sims have ended a term with an F (because of this bug) without me even playing them but when I return to that household, I can't get them to re-enroll to uni.

Message 146 of 147 (1,796 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims having a hard time in Uni? No matter what they do they keep failing classes?
Worry not, Sims will no longer fail classes when meeting all the criteria for course
completion. Work hard, pass your classes hard!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you have further issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DU-Student-only-getting-Fs-in-university-despite-putting-in-wo...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 147 of 147 (13,268 Views)