Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Sim stuck in class

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to a university class.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim got stuck in the class. She appears as if she is out of class as she is physically around but it says she is in class. Can't get her to leave the class.
What do you expect to see? I expect her to leave class when the class is finished
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after I downloaded Discover University.

I have tried everything I can think of to get her to leave class. I have reset her, traveled to different lots, sent her to class, pushed the leave class option, switched households, restarted the game, and repaired the game. I do not want to move her household as she is in university housing and I don't know how to put her back there if I remove her from that lot. When it is class time she will go to the venue but wont go in; thus, she doesn't go to classes. It's very irritating as it just came out and haven't even been able to play a few sim days.

Message 1 of 36 (10,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck in class

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 29 of 36 (11,005 Views)

All Replies

Re: Discover University Sim Stuck in Class

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (10,192 Views)

Sim "stuck" in class despite being back home with greyed out portrait

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Island Living, Luxury Party, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet, Kitchen, Kids Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attending a class in University and not being able to leave?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim, in a household of three, went to attend class, had his portrait greyed out, but never attended. He is still at his dorm doing various things, but can't access his inventory or change what he's doing in the class. He can only "attend normally". This doesn't change when it's time for his other classes as well, and saying Leave Early doesn't work either. I tried repairing the game and restarting to no avail.
What do you expect to see? My sim goes to class, disappears into rabbit hole, can change what he's doing in class, and then leaves class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No other additional info

Message 3 of 36 (10,177 Views)

Re: Sim "stuck" in class despite being back home with greyed out portr

Hero
@dangeropolis I merged your post with an existing thread.

Would you also be willing to share your save with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (10,160 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck in class

Hero
@Shanz0313 I looked at your save and I also found no way to make the Sim leave. I even tried moving houses and that didn't help either.

I did drop out, that worked but she still had a weird attend class icon on her portrait.

I played until the term was finished and I think she did go to most classes (one she got an F in, the others A) and when the term was over, she seems to be fine now.

Do you remember if anything unusual happened when she got stuck ? Did you get any last exception files ? Any resets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (10,140 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict No nothing weird happened. While she was at class I took my other sim library. When her class finished it said she did poorly and needs to work harder. She was stuck since then 🙈

Message 6 of 36 (10,134 Views)

Hero
@Shanz0313 The symptoms are similar to the older work issue (other than you can get them unstuck at all) and my theory for those is that during the process of the Sim coming home, something happens and leaves the Sim in an broken state.

You should be able to play her, just can't access her inventory.

If you have a backup from before it happened you can try load that or else, just play on until the end of the term.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (10,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Shanz0313 I've just started playing University and exactly the same thing happened with me the first time my sim went to class. All I did was let my sim go to class early and then took my other sim to the library. I also got the message saying she needed to work harder. Since then, the portrait overlay is showing that she is permanently in class and I can do nothing to make her leave.

I've had to stop playing now, and will not be playing again until the issue is resolved.

Message 8 of 36 (10,039 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@DEARLOVE87 ya I’ve changed families as well 🙈. Hopefully will be resolved soon 

Message 9 of 36 (10,021 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hope so. It's only been out a few days so I suppose there's bound to be issues. Standard smile

Have you tried sending any other sims to class? Don't want to do it again in case the same thing happens!

Message 10 of 36 (10,006 Views)